SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#177848 - 11/22/02 02:54 PM Extension hard drive for PSR2000
Beakybird Offline

Regarding that Ukranian contraption that gives you a hard drive option for keyboards that only have a floppy option, I emailed the address listed in Germany. I got a reply from someone whose English is very poor. This person was hard to communicate with. Basically, he told me that the unit would have no problem running on American current as it would be running off the PSR2000's internal power. The thing I didn't like is that while the website quotes a price of $135, he quoted me a price of $177. I asked him about this discrepancy about three days ago, and I haven't heard from the fellow since.

If this unit would give me more USER memory so I could store more multipads and USER styles which I can create registrations for, then the unit would be more valuable for me. Easier access to files I now have on floppy would be welcome, but I don't know if it would be worth the price and the risk as well, as I would be doing business with strangers in a foreign country.

That's my report.

Beakybird

#177849 - 11/22/02 03:35 PM Re: Extension hard drive for PSR2000
Jos Maas Offline

Loc: Hantum, The Netherlands
Here is something you can try before you buy:
http://www.home.zonnet.nl/JosMaas/onemanband/index.htm
It is a shareware program that makes it possible to load styles from your PC harddisk. In fact it takes over the task of the arranger part of your keyboard, so it can be used on keyboards of any make. But it is mostly used by owners of Yamaha PSR's that don't have a hard disk.

Jos

#177850 - 11/22/02 05:26 PM Re: Extension hard drive for PSR2000
Beakybird Offline

I'm not going to take a laptop to a gig. It takes me less than 10 minutes to unload from my car to be ready to perform. Think of how much extra time having to turn on a PC and load a program would be. In addition, I heard that you can't use a couple of keys on the keyboard while the One Man Band program is running. I think that 61 keys is a bare minimum.

Does anyone really gig with this program?

Beakybird

#177851 - 11/23/02 01:00 AM Re: Extension hard drive for PSR2000
Jos Maas Offline

Loc: Hantum, The Netherlands
There are 4 keys in between the chord and melody keys that are used to trigger the variations. You might consider using it at home to audition the 1000.000 styles you have. If you find a style that is useful for a particular song, you can put that on a diskette and take it to a gig.

Jos

Quote:
Originally posted by Beakybird:
I'm not going to take a laptop to a gig. It takes me less than 10 minutes to unload from my car to be ready to perform. Think of how much extra time having to turn on a PC and load a program would be. In addition, I heard that you can't use a couple of keys on the keyboard while the One Man Band program is running. I think that 61 keys is a bare minimum.

Does anyone really gig with this program?

Beakybird

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online