SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#177840 - 06/19/02 01:10 PM Question for Don Mason or whoever knows. HELP??
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
HI DON,
You sent me some good styles the other day for my new 9000.
I seem to be hung up on something, and I wonder if perhaps I may have locked out the ots function.
I thought that before when I was using those styles I had accessed right from the floppies, I could use the OTS function, and have 4 variations while playing that style. Did I just imagine that or was I maybe in the Flash Rom styles and not in the floppy like I thought I was. I can see in the manual that I can programs the 4 variations into a floppy style but......... I have about 8 or 9 full floppies of styles I have downloaded from Yahoo forums and some are noted to be PSR9000 yet they don't have the 4 one touch setting buttons available. I push the buttons and nuttin hoppens. Whatcha thank hey???? I know you lost your mind and replaced your 9000 but I am sure you must have the answer written down somewhere. Please help
Best to ya from
Bebop

#177841 - 06/19/02 01:40 PM Re: Question for Don Mason or whoever knows. HELP??
Graham UK Offline

Loc: Lincolnshire UK
Bebop. Some Yamaha Styles have a separate file with the same name as the style but with the .ots extension. When these styles are loaded into the Flash Rom Style banks they will provide your OTS (4 one touch settings) Unfortunately using these styles direct from floppy the OTS is not available.....Another one of the many Yamaha's BUGS.

Graham UK 9000Pro

#177842 - 06/19/02 01:40 PM Re: Question for Don Mason or whoever knows. HELP??
jedi Offline

Loc: Merrimack, N.H.
Hi BEBOP,
I have both recieved and downloaded "styles" to floppy and then to my psr2000 and sometimes there are 4 variations and somtimes only 2. I think it depends on what KB they were originaly assigned to by "Yamaha". I hope this helps
Best of luck
jedi

#177843 - 06/19/02 05:21 PM Re: Question for Don Mason or whoever knows. HELP??
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Bebop,
On the PSR2000 and the CVPs, the OTS settings are actually part of the style. Not so on the 9000. They are stored in a separate file. So some of the styles you get may have OTS files along with them. Most probably will not.
Don

#177844 - 06/19/02 06:26 PM Re: Question for Don Mason or whoever knows. HELP??
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
Thanks a lot guys. Now I understand. Beats studying a 250 page manual. Best to all
Bebop

#177845 - 06/19/02 10:46 PM Re: Question for Don Mason or whoever knows. HELP??
TwoNuts Offline

Loc: Vancouver, Washington. USA
It sure would be nice if one of our forum members who know Visual Basic could write out a conversion program to take the CVP file format and isolate the OTS so the 9000 users could take advantage of all the preset voicing with the CVP/2000 style files. Just a thought to any of the programmers out there.
Regards,
Dennis Almond

Dennis L. Almond
aka...TwoNuts

#177846 - 06/20/02 12:13 AM Re: Question for Don Mason or whoever knows. HELP??
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Dennis, I think you may actually have 'more fun' choosing your own OTS instrument settings for a given style. I set up 8 different voice registrations for specific music genres (country, funk, jazz, etc) and store them in the PSR's Regstration Memory Bank (8 buttons) and then can select 4 favorites from them and then easily save these into OTS for a given style. No offense to Yamaha, but I often prefer my own OTS voice choices over theirs. - Scott

#177847 - 06/20/02 01:31 PM Re: Question for Don Mason or whoever knows. HELP??
ulrich Offline

Loc: Germany
Quote:
Originally posted by TwoNuts:
It sure would be nice if one of our forum members who know Visual Basic could write out a conversion program to take the CVP file format ...

Dennis,

it not only the deal to write a program for the conversion, the main point is to KNOW WHAT to convert into WHAT exactly. Without having the data structure of both file formats in front of you, there is no program to do.

I've done a lot of work, analysing the MDB and REG format of the 9000 and the available editors for working with either the MDB or the Registrations are based on that findings. But it was a big job, finding out only 10% of the data format with the 'try and error' methology.

If Yamaha would make the formats public, I'm sure there would be a lot of programmer's jumping onto that and writing nice tools for our PSR's.

Ulrich

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online