SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#17760 - 03/10/99 02:13 AM O1W/FD NEEDS HELP!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi. Boy am I having problems! My sustain pedal won't work. I opened it up, and nothing looks unconnected.
And my disk drive won't work anymore.
And I want to find some pcm cards for it too.
Oh yeah, it's an O1W/FD!
Can you help me out with any of these questions please?
I'm in Portland Oregon.

#17761 - 03/21/99 01:13 AM Re: O1W/FD NEEDS HELP!
HellPope Huey Offline

Loc: Hot Springs, AR, USA
I've misplaced the proper Net address, but do a search for Megafloppy/Lion's Tracs. They're an Italian firm that handles the exact disk drives the 01/Wfd requires. Of course, DO ask a tech first,'cause that's a long way around to go for a drive unless you're truly screwed in that department. There might be a quicker fix; those drives are TOUGH.
A tech should also be able to diagnose your pedal as well, but be as precise as you can when you take things in for repair because techs want MONEY for their work, so be smart AND polite & don't make them GUESS what you need! It might also be easier to just buy another pedal. They aren't TOO dear new, pricewise and 2nd-hand ones aren't a bad deal either.
I don't THINK Korg makes PCM cards for the 01 any more, but they can be found 2nd-hand for very reasonable prices from ugbm.com and roguemusic.com. They appear from time to time because people dump them just like they dump other gear.
However, I'd say go for the disks first. They're cheaper, confer no battery problems on ya and if you have any kind of librarian program, especially one with a random patch generator, you'll be WAY ahead of the game for sounds.
Better yet, join korg01w-list@vienxu.com. You can download a WAD of public domain 01 sounds there and get other useful info besides. The more ya know....good luck!

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online