SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#17738 - 03/02/99 10:16 AM Re: Compatibility between 01/Wfd and ?
WS Offline

Forgive me if I have mentioned this before but you need a program that reads Sysex. You also need to hook the X5D to the PC. This is just basic knowledge and sure you know that part. Since I don't know anyone that uses DOS I can't answer any questions about it...except that it is ancient technology. If you have a program that reads sysex you just go to the x5d bank site, download the 30 zip files (with 200 sounds in each) and then you can load them into the sysex program and send them to the X5D.

#17739 - 03/02/99 11:56 AM Re: Compatibility between 01/Wfd and ?
HellPope Huey Offline

Loc: Hot Springs, AR, USA
Yeah, I was hip to that. As soon as my MONEY TREE blooms...! I've tried mightily to resist hooking the PC into the setup because of the inevitable conflicts, etc. A PC is a real pig compared to a Mac & even now, Windows locks up on me by having such an untidy shutdown procedure, so I've been wary. Still, the apparent benefits are rising against the problems. As mentioned, programs like SoundDiver offer so much, its becoming downright seductive! Thanks for the follow-through.

#17740 - 03/03/99 08:46 PM Re: Compatibility between 01/Wfd and ?
WS Offline

Was waiting for you to talk about how bad PCs are. We have had this conversation before so get a Mac...then ask people that love macs and hate PCs about what to do. This is getting old huey.

#17741 - 03/04/99 01:39 PM Re: Compatibility between 01/Wfd and ?
danb Offline

You guys already contributed much informations in this matter. But, my question is, to whom it may concern, since you are mentioning X5D in particular, but how about the plain X5 are these all possible for X5 to read the converted files from M1, O1/W, 03R/W, X5D, etc?

#17742 - 03/06/99 12:15 AM Re: Compatibility between 01/Wfd and ?
WS Offline

I'm not sure. The X5D has more samples than the X5. The X5 may play all of these other synths but I don't know for sure. Just go to synthzone homepage...go to Korg...and there are a few sites that have x5 and x5d zip files for all of those korg synths...Korgy Park is another good place to go. I like X5 Banks because it is pretty basic. Just go there and you will see what I mean. If you would, please respond about what you think about the site...I have nothing to do with any of them.

#17743 - 03/08/99 12:00 AM Re: Compatibility between 01/Wfd and ?
HellPope Huey Offline

Yeah, just "get a Mac," like I had money growing outta my @$$! Well, that WOULD be a good solution, but not really feasible for now. I'm not having DISASTROUSLY bad luck with the PC; just tired of the arrogance that oozes out of Microsoft & its often-uncooperative software, I think. Yeah, Macs beat PCs for the arts hands-down. I have a pal who does graphics for a living and its MUCH easier w/Macs, but hey, I'm basically writing for a living, so for now, its a moot thing, needs-wise. The 01 is doing fine, regardless of the ol' outside world's data shuffle. I'd buy a good DAT deck before a Mac at the moment, so you know where THAT'S at, I presume! No argument with yer point, tho.

#17744 - 03/21/99 12:33 AM Re: Compatibility between 01/Wfd and ?
WS Offline

sorry it has taken so long to get back to the post for ya...but if I remember correctly you have a 386 or 486 don't you Pope? And you don't want to upgrade if I remember. And your friends have Macs. Is this correct so far?

#17745 - 03/21/99 01:01 AM Re: Compatibility between 01/Wfd and ?
HellPope Huey Offline

Nope, I have a 166 MhZ Pentium II; all of my most FUNCTIONAL pals use Macs aside from the most technically/musically adept ONE who is too busy as a programmer to get to it for now; and I'd be perfectly happy to upgrade if I thought it really necessary. Deal is, I'm sure I'd be wiser to get a basic MIDI card and a program such as the aforementioned & pretty well proven SoundDiver in hand rather than sweat the rest. I have no real interest in plug-ins as a rule, so I wouldn't be straining my setup much. The day I can afford a proper card, the software AND a 2nd 01/W of some kind so I can REALLY let 'er rip, you'll know, 'cause the resultant big squeal of delight will cause minor damage to your windshields! Now, if I can just get to sounding even HALF as lush as Deep Forest, Heaven will have lost it appeal!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online