SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#177017 - 07/17/05 09:28 PM Re: New pa1x/pa1xpro demo's on my site
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Hi Bart (Notlos). Finally had chance to checkout your new website song additions. Nice grooves & keyboard playing renditions showcasing the Korg PA1X Pro. I liked all your songs, but of course appreciated most, your jazz swing inspired (rootless chord acoustic piano voicing demo) called: "Blues expert Function". Can I assume that you played rootless chords in your left-hand while filling out the piano parts (upper structure chords & melody & fills) concurrently with your right hand? Was this performed in full keyboard or split mode? I'm quite impressed with the PA1XPro except perhaps for the acoustic piano. Was the one you used the acoustic piano included in the PA1XPro or the one on Korg's PA1X expansion card? The only thing that's keeping me from purchasing the PA1X/Pro is that it's a bit heavy weight for frequent gigging & current lack of sufficient funds. It's moments like these that I wish I was working at a music store to gain the benefits of employee discounts. - Scott

#177018 - 07/18/05 04:14 AM Re: New pa1x/pa1xpro demo's on my site
notlos Offline

Loc: Belgium
Hi Scott,

Nice to hear you !!!
I have played this song (blues expert) in split mode (left sound piano also and played the jazz chord voicings left) while on upper the sound is also piano and play there the improvisation and chords that's fit on the left side playing arranger.
left= expert mode(arranger)+ piano sound
right= piano sound.
The piano that i used is the "standard" sound on the pa1x/pa1xpro (like the performance sound 1 (grand piano).
I have no card expansion at this moment, only the optional mp3 board (that's record all normaly: vocals, styles, effects,etc...).
Scott, I know the pa1x/pa1x pro is heavy, but I also play piano gigs and for me it's much better to have the pa1xpro that's better for playing piano otherwise i must always use a piano and keyboard on a gig, now i only gig with the pa1xpro to compensate this.
Nice to hear from you,

regards,
(dirk !!) Notlos. www.notlos.com

[This message has been edited by notlos (edited 07-18-2005).]

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online