SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#176933 - 02/03/06 03:41 PM i think im finally going for a tyros 2 but not 100 sure :(
gibscorpion Offline

Loc: gibraltar
hi guys need some help here fast ive changed my mind like 200 times and still not 100% sure im making the right choise i prentend to play keybaord in my local group, and why well becuase our main strenth is the singers and for 200 pounds as a salary to split for 3 we can aford a proper band so im the one man band here playing almost the entire 18 midies at a time jaja any way know that you know what i do it wouled help if someone confirmed that the tyros 2 meets my requiments more than the ketron sd1 or the roland g70 or the korg pax 1 pro , my job is just to dowload the latest mdies or kar files remove the lead instrument and save it in the perfromace folder so my m8s sing to it so i do hvae quit a big mides libarry to brwose about whiles im playing so last of all is the tyros 2 the right chosie thanks

#176934 - 02/03/06 04:18 PM Re: i think im finally going for a tyros 2 but not 100 sure :(
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
As an enthusiastic Tyros2 keyboard owner, and also one who's auditioned and played all the kbs you've mentioned, and realizing (from what you say) that you're just "pretending to play keyboard", I urge you to STOP PRETENDING, step from behind the keyboard, and focus on giving your best (to the audience) as a singer, and go with an arranger module like the Ketron Midjay instead. Though I personally recommend the Tyros2 for 'auto accomp mode' style keyboard playing, for strictly SMF & kar file playback, the Ketron Midjay is the clear winner imo, as its sound palette is ideally matched for SMF/Kar files, and includes better SMF/Kar file navigation features as well. Afterall, Ketron named the Midjay for a good reason, as evidenced by the words Mid(i) and DJ included in the title.

Scott

#176935 - 02/03/06 11:24 PM Re: i think im finally going for a tyros 2 but not 100 sure :(
to the genesys Offline

I think you are on the right tract with the Tyros 2.

It has great sounds, it is easy to use and plays midi files well.

Its just a great keyboard especially for what you do.

#176936 - 02/04/06 01:19 AM Re: i think im finally going for a tyros 2 but not 100 sure :(
Gunnar Jonny Offline

Loc: Norway
Quote:
Originally posted by gibscorpion:
... i prentend to play keybaord in my local group.... my job is just to dowload the latest mdies or kar files remove the lead instrument and save it in the perfromace folder..

To me it looks like you don't need anything else than a laptop and midisoftware, and maybe a low cost midikeyboard to pretend playing as you say.
No need for a Tyros 2 to do midiplayback.

Happy Playing
GJ
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#176937 - 02/04/06 03:10 AM Re: i think im finally going for a tyros 2 but not 100 sure :(
Craig_UK Offline

Loc: UK
As Scott Yee rightly puts, the Midjay is the best for midi files, kar, MP3 etc but I got the feeling that gib wanted to stand behind a keyboard when I typed to him on MSN rather than just using a module with no keys like the Midjay. For that reason I recommended the Tyros2 as he doesn't need 76 notes if he isn't going to play it and the way the Tyros 2 displays the lyrics, has easy to operate functions for changing tempo, sounds, muting tracks etc. and not forgetting a mighty fine set of GM/GS... sounds it seems the best way to go for him.

#176938 - 02/04/06 03:19 AM Re: i think im finally going for a tyros 2 but not 100 sure :(
nielshs Offline

Hi

I think that a Roland Discover 5 is the right choise for midifile playback. http://www.roland.com/products/en/DisCover_5/index.html

Regards
Niels

#176939 - 02/04/06 12:41 PM Re: i think im finally going for a tyros 2 but not 100 sure :(
rolandfan Offline

Loc: South Africa
I would buy the tyros2 if i were u. I think its the best sounding keyboard on the market and is user friendly and easy to carry.

#176940 - 02/04/06 03:11 PM Re: i think im finally going for a tyros 2 but not 100 sure :(
FAEbGBD Offline

Loc: Nashvville TN
three thousand dollars for an instrument that is not going to be played? I have trouble convincing myself to spend that kind of money on something I'll play! If ever there was a case of overkill....! I'd go for the midi player, midjay for instance, and if need be, a cheapo keyboard to just have sitting there. And if you want all in one, why still a tyros 2? If you're triggering midis, you're not going to get the best bang out of your buck with the super articulation or megavoices because they have to be played in a certain way to make work, and a GM midi file will not do them much justice. SO why would you not be better off going for a cheaper PSR?

IF the tyros 2 is going to be recommended to everyone, even those who don't play keyboard, how can people really wanting opinions about keyboards expect to get a fair assessment and fair opinions? "tyros 2" just the automatic pat answer to any keyboard query?
I've got nothing against tyros2, in fact I'm really thinking about owning one to add to my studio setup for doing mockups and probably live in certain occasions as well.

#176941 - 02/04/06 03:21 PM Re: i think im finally going for a tyros 2 but not 100 sure :(
TP123 Offline

Loc: Fla. / Nashville
RE: "IF the tyros 2 is going to be recommended to everyone, even those who don't play keyboard, how can people really wanting opinions about keyboards expect to get a fair assessment and fair opinions?"

Exactly...
its almost like the big Y _pays_ folks to be on here ain't it?! When a better one comes along it'll be interested to see... and al the Mfg. forums seem to have one or two shills (ya know who ya are).

A PSR 3000 or Tyros 1 as something he can _grow into_ and then spend the extra $ on a good PA

#176942 - 02/05/06 09:40 AM Re: i think im finally going for a tyros 2 but not 100 sure :(
Craig_UK Offline

Loc: UK
If you've all read gibs postings (not just this one) you'll see that he was using a Korg PAx1pro previously to play all of his songs so he is used to hearing quality playback from one of the top arrangers on the current market. He specifically asked for either a SD1+, G70, Tyros 2 or another Korg so he wants a quality product.
I can understand that getting a Midjay would be ideal for him, but after speaking with him he definitely wants something with a keyboard. Fair enough he could buy a master keyboard and midi it through but that could work out just as expensive as getting one of the others mentioned instead. Also his understanding of midi with him not playing a keyboard may cause more problems as he's only wanting to play files and not get down into having to set midi cables up for every gig.
The PSR3000 and Roland Discover do not have as good a sound set on them as the others he is interested in, also with him wanting these it's obvious to me that he already has the money and has made his mind up that he wants to spend a considerable amount on a top end keyboard that delivers the goods when playing midi and karaoke files back (T2 obviously also plays XG files superbly). He is in a band that has plenty of bookings for good money (I've heard a song of his group and it was very good) so he probably already has a decent PA that does not need upgrading. I can understand people on here trying to save this guy some money by stating get a PSR3000 etc. The people who recommended the Tyros 2 are not trying to push it down his throat and neither are we stating that this is better than that as loads do on Synthzone, we are merely trying to say that for what he wants to use it for, it is the ideal solution for him.
I'm sure after he hears the ones he is interested in he will let us all know how he got on. We don't need to confuse him any further

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online