SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#176689 - 04/07/03 03:09 PM QuikLok Z-716L based studio workstation
harosha Offline

Loc: Chicago, IL, USA
Hello all,

I am looking into buying a workstation for my keyboard and computer. I would like to have my computer keyboard, mouse, synth(keyboard) and monitor on the same workstation. This will only be used in my studio so size is not really a problem (money is though, about $350 or so). I alreay have floor standing monitor stands for my monitors. These can go on the either end of the workstation.

I have looked into QuikLok WS500 workstation, I am not too sure if it can handle all the equipment that it has spaces for. Anyone using this?

I am leaning towards a QuikLok Z-716L with some accessories to accomodate computer monitor, keyboard and mouse. If you have any comments on that please let me know.

Thanks

Shaz

#176690 - 04/08/03 06:10 AM Re: QuikLok Z-716L based studio workstation
The Pro Offline

Loc: Atlanta, Georgia
I am doing something similar, turning my former stage stand, a QuikLok Z-726, into a studio workstation similar to the Z-WS71L with add-on shelves for speakers, computer keyboard, CPU stand, a lower rack mount for a mixer etc. Some dealers have told me that certain components of the Z-series stands are discontinued so I've had to bounce around the web to find the various parts I needed from different shops... some have the parts in stocks still. So I've nearly completed my studio workstation except that I'm waiting on my computer keyboard tray to arrive.

I like the Z-series stands and they built like a tank, but had I not already owned the Z-726 as a starting point I'm not sure that I would have put this much money into a QuikLok workstation. I would have just got a regular computer workstation from Office Depot or something and modified it to suit my needs. I'll probably wind up putting at least $350 into this project. OTOH I don't like pressed wood so maybe the Z-stand is the better choice.

#176691 - 04/08/03 02:02 PM Re: QuikLok Z-716L based studio workstation
MusiKMan Offline

Loc: California, USA
Hello Harosha,

I know this really awsome guy that builds custom made Studio furniture at way lower price than what you would pay for it at other places...

His name is Donald Webb.

Here is his email

kts2001@earthlink.net

Tell him you were referred by MusiKman. He participates a lot at IrishActs.com since he owns a Korg Trinity himself and is also a recording artist...

Tell him to email you some pics of his setups.. Youre gonna be blown away at the quality of worksmanship and style of his workstations.. ONe of my favorites is the one he uses for himself. Its a workstation covered with Blue Marbel...Truly a work of art. Oh well, I cant say enough of his work...But again, send him an email and you will be so pleasantly surprised....
PS: Guys, this is truly an awsome guy that Ive known for a long time now..He even gave away a Trinity SCSI card to someone for free and is very Kind and generous....He will truly bless you with an awsome workstation if youre really serious about an awsome workstation for your studio..

Peace to all...

MusiKman

Musikman4Christ........

#176692 - 04/09/03 09:29 AM Re: QuikLok Z-716L based studio workstation
KFingers Offline

Loc: Brighton - UK
Sounds AWESOME

#176693 - 04/09/03 12:16 PM Re: QuikLok Z-716L based studio workstation
harosha Offline

Loc: Chicago, IL, USA
Thanks for your input guys. MusikMan, I will try to contact the person that you mentioned. I sounds like a cool idea.

Shaz

#176694 - 04/24/03 02:02 AM Re: QuikLok Z-716L based studio workstation
RINGO Offline

Loc: Brooklyn, NY USA
What's up MusiKman

Thanks for recommending Harosha to me for studio furniture.

Hello Harosha

If you are still in the market for studio furniture, I can build pro quality furniture for your studio needs the way you would like it.

peace.

Ringo

------------------
Need pro quality furniture for your studio? Want the best for less? Then contact me at kts2001@earthlink.net for more information on my furniture designs.

[This message has been edited by RINGO (edited 04-26-2003).]

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online