SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#176572 - 03/28/06 07:29 AM Thanks, Tony Mads USA
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Thanks, so much, Tony, for the interest! Glad you got the work, rough as it was. Just found out that the client wants us to adapt this piece for use as background audio for all film work, trade shows and internal communications,( in addition to using it for the score for the original training film) for the near future. Of course, this company does no retail advertising at all, so exposure (and additional income, damnit) will be limited. Still, that's GOOD NEWS! Thank goodness for a buyer who's a jazz fan!

REALLY enjoyed sharing, friend!

Russ

#176573 - 03/28/06 10:56 AM Re: Thanks, Tony Mads USA
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
captain ... My pleasure ... Personally, I think this work is more "new age" than jazz, and is what I think 'sells' today ...

BTW ... I have a nephew who is in advertising (he had 3 commercials air during the 2005 Super Bowl: 2 Bud and 1 Mich Amber Bock) and has need for background music ... Should I give him your e-mail address?
t.

#176574 - 03/28/06 12:15 PM Re: Thanks, Tony Mads USA
captain Russ Offline

Thanks, Tony, but we only do work for clients
who rely on us for completion of complex, multi-element projects. We don't just do photography, for instance, but also do the copy, design...whatever the photography is used for...eg., packaging, displays, catalogs, advertisements, etc. Likewise, we don't do "stand alone" music. What we do is produce the whole film, of which the music is a small part. And the film is usually one element of a larger communications job. For most clients, we create strategic plans, MARCOM plans and manage the entire process, including all of the individual elements and budgets. Five of our clients are Fortune 500 or Fortune 100 Companies, and we work with 5 large mult-billion dollar international companies.

You're right. Except for the Bill Evans and Jimmy Smith allusions in the center of this piece, it's more "New Age" than straight ahead jazz. But, that's a trade off that's not too hard to accept. I guess, at my age I should really be grateful there is still work.

The best, always,

Russ

#176575 - 03/28/06 03:35 PM Re: Thanks, Tony Mads USA
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Quote:
Originally posted by captain Russ:
I guess, at my age I should really be grateful there is still work.
The best, always,
Russ

.... actually, at ANY age we should be happy for the work we get ... ...
... New Age or jazz, it was excellent ... but I would like to hear you play some 'straight ahead' stuff, as if you were playing just for yourself ...
t.

#176576 - 03/29/06 05:01 AM Re: Thanks, Tony Mads USA
captain Russ Offline

Tony, never recorded anything other than commercianal projects. I get requests for C/D's all the time, but I get enough satisfaction out of the commercial stuff that I don't feel the need to do an independent project, UNTIL my grandson (15) who is taking drum lessons, progresses to the point where he can join my oldist son (a fine bass player-upright and electric). I have aleady booked this "family" trio for New Years and two nights a week early next year. Proud granpa-pappa will HAVE to record that, and it is mostly straight ahead traditional material.

Russ

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online