SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#176453 - 12/11/03 05:18 PM Re: I think I found my voice too late!
nardoni2002 Offline

Loc: malaga, spain
hi eddie,yep i like your russian song as well,i,ll watch out for the trotters xmas,i have SKY,mike

#176454 - 12/12/03 06:57 AM Re: I think I found my voice too late!
renig Offline

Loc: Canada
Ayup, our Eddie!

I've seen Only Fools and Horses on the tube here in Canada. It was a while ago and I can't remember if it was on a Canadian channel or on one of the U.S. public stations (PBS out of Spokane). I love anything David Jason (White) does. My mum and his mum were great friends when I was growing up in Norf London.

#176455 - 12/12/03 10:42 AM Re: I think I found my voice too late!
eddiefromrotherham Offline

Loc: Rotherham,England.
Hi Renig,

Is his real name then David Jason White?
What an actor he is! He got the UK Long Time Award for Comedy last year and since finishing the series of Only Fools he now does a superb weekly series of 'Frost' in which he plays Inspector Jack Frost. I was a bit unsure of his new role when I first saw it , simply because we all knew him as the 'wide' Del Boy for so long. But we are now just as keen on his role as Jack Frost and look forward to every episode.
Did you actually know David Jason as a young man? Thanks for the interesting letter.
cheers
Eddie J

------------------
Eddie from Rotherham
www.yamahakeyboards.info

#176456 - 12/15/03 12:08 AM Re: I think I found my voice too late!
renig Offline

Loc: Canada
Hello Eddie,

David White is David Jason's real name and although our mums were really good friends, he is a few years older than myself. So when I was about 7, he would have been around 11 or 12 - so at that age that's quite a difference and I suppose I would have been regarded as a bit of a pest to have around. (Funny, some folk still feel that way :-)

Yes, we do get a weekly dose of A Touch of Frost here - another wonderful show. David Jason's real life older brother Arthur (he still goes by his given name of Arthur White) also appears in 'Frost' as Ernie, the bloke who works in the basement keeping case files. He only appears now and then.

All the best,
renig

#176457 - 12/15/03 09:04 AM Re: I think I found my voice too late!
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Hi Eddie, Quite an eclectic mix. What I notice right off is that you're 'having fun' when performing. Some nice melodic ideas on both Promises & Funkin' Jazz. It would be great if you could add 'vocal lyrics' to these tunes.

Eddie, your talk-sing approach & attitude is unique, definitely easy to understand every word. On 'New Day',it kind of reminds me of Leonard Cohen. - Scott

#176458 - 12/15/03 11:26 AM Re: I think I found my voice too late!

@Renig
Hi Renig

What a mine of information you are! Next time I watch, I shall be looking out for 'Ernie'. There is probably a family likeness with David. This will be interesting to see.

@Scott
Hi Scott
Thanks for your kind words.
Perhaps the "eclectic mix" comes from a long time of listening to and enjoying all kinds of music. As a 9 year-old I was playing and loving Chopin. I think that then the influence of America and movies took over my keen ear for music. And I am grateful for the international media which brought it to us.
As for putting lyrics to the two jazz pieces I put together - now there's an original thought . I definitely had not thought of that, but the old grey matter has just sparked a few more spondees.
Leonard Cohen? Now you are embarrassing me because I admit that for the moment I cannot work out just which Leonard Cohen you refer to. .
But you are absolutely right to say that I really enjoy talk/singing along to the music in my own way. And the reason for that is partly due to not being able to hit the higher notes now

cheers
Eddie J

------------------
Eddie from Rotherham
www.yamahakeyboards.info

#176459 - 12/15/03 12:48 PM Re: I think I found my voice too late!
Will Stewart Offline

Loc: Scotland
Quote:
Originally posted by eddiefromrotherham:

Leonard Cohen? Now you are embarrassing me because I admit that for the moment I cannot work out just which Leonard Cohen you refer to. .

cheers
Eddie J

[/B]

You mean there are 2 Leonard Cohens?

Sorry, couldn't resist it Eddie

Merry Christmas

Will

Will

#176460 - 12/15/03 11:45 PM Re: I think I found my voice too late!

Quote:
Originally posted by Will Stewart:
You mean there are 2 Leonard Cohens?

Sorry, couldn't resist it Eddie

Merry Christmas

Will

Hi Will
Nice to hear from a far northern friend to a colonial brother (I think we are being taken over by the Scots )

Yes there are probably several million Leonard Cohen's around. I hope that the one Scott Yee refers to is a good singer
Merry Christmas and an even better Hogmanay
cheers
Eddie

------------------
Eddie from Rotherham
www.yamahakeyboards.info

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online