Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#176418 - 12/17/04 07:04 AM Re: Speaker stand for Logitech satellite speakers
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Vquestor:

I have never found any other type of mic thread female(cap style), other than the mic clip you have a picture of. If you find one, please post it.

Bingo. I thought I'd tell you... when I got these speaker stands from Carvin, the top of the stan is threaded, right? Well, there is a chrome adaptor thing on top that screws onto the top of the stand and then the other end is threaded. It is threaded with same threads as on top of stand. In essence, it's a cap or nut with female threads on one end and male on other. Perfect.

I could not find a way to search Carvin's site and it might not even be an item they list.

So, I think this will work. With these stands, it had the oversized threaded washer with the star pattern or knurled, whatever you call it. That can be on bottom. Aluminum plate about that with drilled hole to fit over stand. Then this chrome, threaded cap thing on the top. Heck, simple as that, oughta work. Of course, somehow, affixing the satellites to the aluminum plate.

#176419 - 12/17/04 05:36 PM Re: Speaker stand for Logitech satellite speakers
Vquestor Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by SemiLiveMusic:
Bingo. I thought I'd tell you... when I got these speaker stands from Carvin, the top of the stan is threaded, right? Well, there is a chrome adaptor thing on top that screws onto the top of the stand and then the other end is threaded. It is threaded with same threads as on top of stand. In essence, it's a cap or nut with female threads on one end and male on other. Perfect.

I could not find a way to search Carvin's site and it might not even be an item they list.

So, I think this will work. With these stands, it had the oversized threaded washer with the star pattern or knurled, whatever you call it. That can be on bottom. Aluminum plate about that with drilled hole to fit over stand. Then this chrome, threaded cap thing on the top. Heck, simple as that, oughta work. Of course, somehow, affixing the satellites to the aluminum plate.

Exactly. That cap thing sounds perfect.
Just bolt down the satelites to the alum. plate(2 bolts each, 1/4" probably OK).
Also remember to use washers that are a little larger than the rubber grommets of the satelite legs.
Please post a pic of the finished masterpiece.

#176420 - 12/18/04 04:48 AM Re: Speaker stand for Logitech satellite speakers
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Vquestor:
Exactly. That cap thing sounds perfect.
Just bolt down the satelites to the alum. plate(2 bolts each, 1/4" probably OK).
Also remember to use washers that are a little larger than the rubber grommets of the satelite legs.
Please post a pic of the finished masterpiece.

Well, the aluminum deal got scrapped. Brother's saw wasn't working right. Found a piece of nice plywood perfect in size. Drilled a 3/4" hole in middle, about perfect to go over top of stand. I had two stands, so I robbed goodies from other stand.

So, it's threaded, knurled washer on bottom of threads, then plywood sits on top that, then another threaded, knurlded washer, then one of those chrome caps on top that. Really don't need the cap but if it's up there, it's as good a place as any to keep fromm losing it.

I put the satellites at about 70* angle and stuck velcro strips on bottom of the legs an on plywood to hold them on.

I did a gig last night with it and it worked fine. That is, after I spent an agonizing 15 minutes trying to get sound. Man, talk about perplexing. I twisted every knob you could twist and boy, did it suck. What an idiot, I had not plugged the satellites into the back of the sub, so all that was coming out was the sub.

By the way, should the sub always go on the ground? There was a heavy duty table behind me. Good/bad to be three feet off ground for the sub?

One other thing. At both gigs I have used these, I have put the sub and satellite speakers behind me and have had no feedback problems. Foresee that as an issue? Should I put them anywhere in particular with this system?

Oops, one more. How high up off ground do you think the satellites should be?

#176421 - 12/18/04 07:54 AM Re: Speaker stand for Logitech satellite speakers
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
The sub should always be on the floor, and it can be either in front or behind you--it doesn't matter. The satellites seem to work best when they're 5 to 6 feet above the floor and positioned a bit behind you and off to the sides about 4 to 6 feet.

As for feedback, I have never experienced this problem since I began using high-quality, super-cardioid mics.

Happy Holidays,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online