SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#176156 - 08/28/05 04:54 PM Re: General Arranger Forum: Tyros Advertisment Surge !
Tomcat Offline

Loc: Ft Collins Colorado, USA
That's really interesting Pianodano.

Over in Salem (pop. 110,000) where I got my Tyros, there is a one man music store (Music Music) where he has some real pianos from Pearl River, some Yamah P120, all DXG series, PSR 1500 and 3000, Tyros, most of the Roland electric/stage pianos and a G70, all out on the floor as playable demo units.

So I guess it is mostly up to the individual music stores as to what they want to carry. I feel pretty lucky to have access to that much inventory in one store.

Tom

------------------
Bigger is not always better

#176157 - 08/28/05 05:15 PM Re: General Arranger Forum: Tyros Advertisment Surge !
PaulD Offline

Loc: Eugene, OR
Tomcat,

Music Music is a great store in Salem. The guys there really know the instruments they sell, which is great.

PS. Both myself and DaveM will be at the State Fair in Salem next weekend, you should come by and say hello. (jackman long building, Red Gate).

Best regards,

------------------
Paul Davis
Generalmusic
Generalmusic.US

#176158 - 08/28/05 11:38 PM Re: General Arranger Forum: Tyros Advertisment Surge !
doc-z Offline

Loc: Norway
Just a little info, here in Europe, we used to call High-End-Arrangers workstations. So when keyboards with sequencers, but no styles started coming out as "Workstations" and arrangers as "Arrangers" that really made us keyplayers over here confused!

Doc-Z

#176159 - 08/29/05 05:22 AM Re: General Arranger Forum: Tyros Advertisment Surge !
sk880user Offline

Loc: United States
I certainly agree that software development for a keyboard is probably very expensive.

Because it an embedded system, the languages selected are either C++, C or Assembly or a combination of the above.

However, until they find a way to program in either Java or C#...

Software development will continue to be very very expensive.

Unless of course a brave manufacturer can experiment with Windows CE, compact .net framework, and C#!

#176160 - 08/29/05 06:34 AM Re: General Arranger Forum: Tyros Advertisment Surge !
Tomcat Offline

Loc: Ft Collins Colorado, USA
PaulD, I've never been to the State Fair because 1) I don't like large crowds anymore (I'm 70) and 2) it is traditional for it to be one of the hottest weeks of the summer during the fair. I live on the coast in Lincloln City where this summer the temp has been running 65 to 75 F.

LOL, when I go over to Salem and the temp is over 75 I turn on the airconditioner in my car!

BTW, my last name is Davis too.

Tom

------------------
Bigger is not always better

#176161 - 08/29/05 06:42 AM Re: General Arranger Forum: Tyros Advertisment Surge !
captain Russ Online   content

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Hi, Danny. I'm in Lexington, Kentucky...just under 300,000 people. Single rate in restaurants is $150-tops, and only a few of us are getting that. If you're connected with the thoroughbred folks and major corporations, rate is $350-500 per night for private events.

Many small bands playing for the door.
Duo's get $175-200 and trios get $250.00. The number of better paying jobs for larger groups is limited. Only places that have "house" bands are ones featuring country music.

It's TOUGH out there.

Russ

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online