SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#175865 - 06/01/03 10:02 AM tonights 2nd chance star search
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
At 8 PM tonight on a major network , My friend and customer Larry Scott ( XD3 owner) is one of the top 10 finalist in the Star Search 2nd chance TV show .

Just FYI to my arranger friends . Larry is an arranger guru ! Dano

------------------
Keyboard City
1826 E.Joppa Rd.
Towson Md. 21234
410 665-MIDI (6434)
keyboardcity@yahoo.com
www.keyboardcity.net

#175866 - 06/01/03 10:49 AM Re: tonights 2nd chance star search
Scott Langholff Online   content

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
Hi Dano

Thanx for the info. I presume this would be 8 PM eastern time? This must be like starsearch or something with Ed Macmahon?

I sure hope I can pick it up in Pensacola, Florida.(central time)

Best

Scott Langholff

#175867 - 06/01/03 12:22 PM Re: tonights 2nd chance star search
Idatrod Offline

Loc: Oceanside, CA USA
Maybe he will surprise us with a rendition on his Ketron XD3. OT: We Arranger Keyboardist's need all the TV exposure we can get. Or should I say Arranger Keyboards need all the TV exposure they can get. Once they start getting major exposure I think more and more people will become interested in them. And once that happens the Major Manufacturers will hopefully take notice and cater more to the Arranger Keyboard market. (My passion for Arranger Keyboards is bubbling to the surface again). Sorry, . PS: I hope Larry goes out and knocks em' dead Dan. I will look to see if the show is on here where I am at and tune in if possible.

Best regards,
Mike

#175868 - 06/01/03 02:45 PM Re: tonights 2nd chance star search
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Oh boy ...... more "Reality" hype? I really hate those shows. My 10 year old made me watch the last part of American Idol, and it was such a crock. It's bogus, fixed, UNrealistic .... and SO far from reality that I almost wish I didn't have cable during it's run.

No real audition would be conducted in that manner, and no real "stars" will be discovered. It's all politics. Even the voting was discovered to be unfair. These shows are a real low point in the entertainment industry, and as long as we support them, they will keep on coming. I should have been more firm with my daughter. I feel like I'm somehow adding to the debacle.

#175869 - 06/01/03 03:54 PM Re: tonights 2nd chance star search
Big Red Offline

Loc: Canada
I'll go with you on this one, UD. But how many viewers did that final American Idol attract? 30-some million? Through a network exec's eyes, that's a long way from a crock. And that's why there'll be more to come - stay tuned out.

#175870 - 06/01/03 04:28 PM Re: tonights 2nd chance star search
Bill E Offline

Loc: nashville
Regarding "American Idol", it's not only the number of viewers ,but they are also making a chunk of change with the $1 per call-in vote----they got MILLIONS of votes----then the concerts and the records and soon no doubt the movie--------what a cash cow!
I do think that "Star Search" is more of just a talent contest and I think it's cool that DanOs' friend made it onto TV.

#175871 - 06/01/03 08:47 PM Re: tonights 2nd chance star search
Idatrod Offline

Loc: Oceanside, CA USA
Larry did great! He did a very good Neil Diamond improvisation. No XD3 but the Grand Piano was elegant none the less. Too bad they didn't give them more time to do their numbers. His fiance wasn't bad looking either. May they have many happy years together. All in all I give Larry two thumbs up!

Best regards,
Mike

#175872 - 06/02/03 02:03 PM Re: tonights 2nd chance star search
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
I saw the show and the sound was horrible .

Larry Scott performance did not get justified . Where did they find the rest of those act's ? Dano

#175873 - 06/02/03 02:27 PM Re: tonights 2nd chance star search
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Yeah I think they're all fixed too.. Look at the first American Idol.. After it was over there was talk about how Kelly was already selected from the begining.. Anyone ever notice that Kelly was NEVER in the bottom 3 throughout the whole competition???? The latest one had the winner in the bottom 3... It's all fixed for hype and ratings.. Also I'm getting sick of these shows too.. Damn-it every time you turn change chanels you see some new show like the newest bachelor, or some extreme show.. It's really getting out of hand now..

Squeak
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#175874 - 06/02/03 03:05 PM Re: tonights 2nd chance star search
KN_Fan Offline

It's all about the money.....I read it somewhere that say for shows like "ER", "Chicago Hope", "The Practice"..or sitcoms, the TV Network has to shell out a lot of money to produce (inflated actors salary- like frasier got paid up to $500,000/episode for Kelsey Grammer alone, NOT including everybody else), etc..etc...IF the show went passed the 2-3rd season, then the network starts recouping their cost. But with all these new reality series, all you have to do is pick a nice mansion, some 50 beautiful, superficial, gold diggers, pay some hunky Joe Blow from the street...pay him 50 grand and voila! you got yourself a reality show...and it has been proven, this new formula works...sad...but that's the reality.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online