SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#17576 - 09/09/99 08:14 PM Korg M1 and general midi file playback
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have a friend with a Korg M1 which he's trying to play general midi files on. Is there a way to configure the M1 so that it works with Gen. Midi.
Thanks for your help

#17577 - 09/09/99 09:58 PM Re: Korg M1 and general midi file playback
PeteS2 Offline

Loc: Summit, NJ
He could get a list of the order in which General Midi patches are ordered and re-order the programs on the M1 to match. He'd also need to make sure that channel assignments are correct. For instance, drums are always on channel 10 in GM. If he's using an external sequencer to drive the M1, sometimes you can find patch re-map files that convert GM to M1 factory configuration.

#17578 - 09/10/99 10:33 AM Re: Korg M1 and general midi file playback
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have GS/GM program files for the Korg M1.
But I cant seem to find the CD that I put them on. I will have a good look around for it tonight. When I find it I will up load them to my website.

I will put a post here on Synthzone when you can download them. And the URL.

#17579 - 09/13/99 09:32 PM Re: Korg M1 and general midi file playback
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi at long last I found the files.
I dont have a M1 so I'm looking for someone to try the files out.
For some reason I have 2 different sets. Will someone try to load them, I have the syx software also.

Anyone want to give them ago.
tubbritt@indigo.ie

If they work I will upload them for everyone to my website. http://indigo.ie/~tubbritt/index.htm
e-mail me at tubbritt@indigo.ie

#17580 - 09/14/99 07:06 PM Re: Korg M1 and general midi file playback
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thank you for replying by e-mail.
There is no need for you to try the files. I found a program that would allow me to view the contents of them. They are not what I though they were. I know that I have the GS/GM files somewhere, but I just have so many sounds for the M1 it will take me a while to look through them all.

When I find them I will post a message on Synthzone.

#17581 - 03/06/04 11:08 PM Re: Korg M1 and general midi file playback
secret7 Offline

That would be great, James. I'm sure there are a number of us who could use them. Good Karma!

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online