SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#1751 - 03/31/03 01:17 PM New Open Source Software Synthesizer. . .
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm a developer on the Open Sound World (OSW) project. We've been working very hard in the past few months to make OSW accessible and useful for all computer musicians, and I thought the people here might want to check it out:

Open Sound World 1.1 beta 2 Released
Originally developed at CNMAT, Open Sound World (OSW) is an open-source graphic programming language oriented towards sound research and music composition. Programming in OSW is similar to programming in Max/MSP, Pd, or JMax, but OSW contains many advanced language features that are not found in these 'Max family' languages. Our 1.1 beta 2 release brings us closer to our goal of creating a stable, cross-platform, feature-rich composition environment for musicians. Visit http://osw.sourceforge.net for more details or to download OSW. Also, the OSW development team is very interested in hearing from musicians using OSW to realize their ideas. If you are using or plan to use OSW for your next piece, please contact us at http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/osw .

Please note that OSW runs on Windows, Linux, SGI, and MacOSX and is available free of charge.

Thanks,
Wil

[This message has been edited by Nigel (edited 04-02-2003).]

#1752 - 03/31/03 05:30 PM Re: New Open Source Software Synthesizer. . .
Cloakboy Offline

Loc: Racine, Wisconsin USA
Sounds awesome, I'll check it out.

#1753 - 04/01/03 12:33 PM Re: New Open Source Software Synthesizer. . .
tekminus Offline

Covert communism

I love open source and this project is exactly what it should be used for. I just wish there were more music apps being developed this way.

-tek

#1754 - 04/02/03 12:57 AM Re: New Open Source Software Synthesizer. . .
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
When I click on that link I get an "Invalid Project" message. Is there a problem with that URL ?

#1755 - 04/02/03 04:09 AM Re: New Open Source Software Synthesizer. . .
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks to you and the rest of the development team for the beta.
A superb idea for soft synth development.
-----------------------------------------
In all fairness, I edited out the link to the Arizona mirror so it would no longer gain possible influence in statistics (if measured).

[This message has been edited by Morphamatik (edited 04-03-2003).]

#1756 - 04/02/03 04:52 PM Re: New Open Source Software Synthesizer. . .
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Nigel:
When I click on that link I get an "Invalid Project" message. Is there a problem with that URL ?

Sorry, that's because period at the end of the sentence was treated as part of the url. Try this link:
http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/osw

,Wil

#1757 - 04/02/03 09:19 PM Re: New Open Source Software Synthesizer. . .
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Wil, I have edited the URL so the period is outside the URL itself and works again. You must be careful not to add extra characters to the URL because of course they will be treated as part of the URL. Also you can always edit your own postings yourself if you make a mistake.

[This message has been edited by Nigel (edited 04-02-2003).]

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online