SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#175602 - 01/05/05 02:18 PM yamaha pro 9000 help
speedytone Offline

Loc: kansas city, mo USA
Hello, i recently bought a yamaha pro 9000. Yamaha support is not returning my calls, so i was hoping there was somebody else out there who can help me out. I can sample my voice into the 9000pro, save it as a custom voice and play it on the keys. However, when i turn off the keyboard and turn it back on... all my samples are gone. Can anyone help me find a way to keep my samples in the custom voice list? or something like that? thanks!

#175603 - 01/05/05 04:02 PM Re: yamaha pro 9000 help
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Speedytone: I suspect you may not have actually really SAVED your custom voice. Exactly WHERE did you store it? What custom name did you name the custom voice file?

I suggest trying it again, saving it, and then actually re-loading the voice file to both confirm the stored location as well as confirm that new custom voice file was actually stored.

If you don't actually save it as a new file name in a specific location (USER Memory or HD), it's completely GONE forever when the keyboard is turned off.

Keep us posted. - Scott

#175604 - 01/05/05 08:44 PM Re: yamaha pro 9000 help
TomTomSF Offline

Loc: Half Moon Bay, CA, USA
I'm not sure of this answer, but I recall other PSR9000 owners talking about having to reload the custom, or user voices, EVERYTIME they turned the keyboard back on. They do not stay in memory. I think there may be some easy and/or fast way to do this. I'm pretty sure the 9000pro operates in the same manner. Hopefully, someone who knows for sure will fill you in.

Tom G.

#175605 - 01/05/05 09:40 PM Re: yamaha pro 9000 help
speedytone Offline

hello, thanks for the quiick replies. Well, i record the sample, name is something like "new sound" then save it as a custom voice. Then it recommends to back it up ,. so i usually save it to a Floppy disk. I can save sounds to Floppy disk and to the internal hard disk, no problem there. I guess my question is...Is there anyway to recall ALL of my saved voices at once? It will take forever to reload them one by one. thanks!

#175606 - 01/06/05 06:59 AM Re: yamaha pro 9000 help
The Pro Offline

Loc: Atlanta, Georgia
I answered this post in the Keyboard Corner forum. Did you try using your registration memory as I suggested ?

#175607 - 01/06/05 10:17 AM Re: yamaha pro 9000 help
Graham UK Offline

Loc: Lincolnshire UK
9000Pro will still keep the custom voices even after switch off. Just make sure you have saved the sample into Custom.
Once you have the board setup the way you like it with Registrations....Flash Styles...Custom Voices its a good idea to save a backup...it takes 2 floppies to back up the full data.

#175608 - 01/08/05 09:10 PM Re: yamaha pro 9000 help
speedytone Offline

Hello, thanks to everyone who has posted so far. is there anyone who might be able to post a step-by-step procedure for saving and recalling the sounds? Here is what i have tried:

step 1: connect a mic and sample the sound.

Step 2: when sampling is done,. store it as a custom voice.

step 3: After its stored as a custom voice... save the sample to the Internal hard disk.

So...now its in the custom voice selection and saved to the hard drive. After i power off the sample is no longer in the custom voice selection, however i figuered out how to recall it. What im really interested in, is recalling multiple voices. Like if i got 50 samples or whatever...how can i recall them all at once? Im still waiting for yamaha to contact me (yeah right!) Anyway,. if someone could e-mail me or post the step by step procedure i would greatly appreciate it! thanks again everyone!

#175609 - 01/08/05 09:29 PM Re: yamaha pro 9000 help
TwoNuts Offline

Loc: Vancouver, Washington. USA
I will take a stab at this. After all your customs have been loaded, do a system settings backup. This should save all your settings into your flash memory and allow the data to be loaded off your hard drive during the initial boot-up of the 9000. I neglected to mention that the backup button is the uppermost left button next to the display screen.

Dennis

[This message has been edited by TwoNuts (edited 01-08-2005).]

Dennis L. Almond
aka...TwoNuts

#175610 - 01/08/05 10:01 PM Re: yamaha pro 9000 help
JonPro Offline

Loc: Sydney, Australia
Hi Speedytone,
Did you not get an owners manual? If not you can get one off the Yamaha Web Site or I am happy to email you one with the update for Version 2. The step by step instructions for what you are trying to do can be found on page 92 of the original manual. It is important to save the voice to flash rom after you have completed it.

Jon

[This message has been edited by JonPro (edited 01-08-2005).]

#175611 - 01/09/05 06:24 AM Re: yamaha pro 9000 help
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
I may be way off here, but have you got any "low battery" warnings from the board? The 9000 should have an internal battery for backing up custom voices ect, and this battery retains them in memory even after powering down. Is it possible that your internal battery is failing (just a thought)

Squeak
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online