SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#175304 - 03/26/06 03:45 PM Re: Lionstracs revisited (Mediastation Strikes Back)
Taike Offline

Loc: Xingyi, Guizhou (China)
THE TORNADO - LIVE!

Zur Zeit sind keine Video Demos verfgbar

There are no video demos currently.

#175305 - 03/28/06 05:41 AM Re: Lionstracs revisited (Mediastation Strikes Back)
Bachus Offline

Dang thats would not be my choice, i think when you get the wersi adn the B4 Organ VST from NI you have more then enough organs then you'll ever need, (espescially with the option to load your own AKAI samples intoo the wersi with hte latest version of OAS7).

The Tornado is all about organs and samples, where i am interested in VST's and virtual instruments and effects.

The wersi's shortcomming is that you can't plug in any VST effects (anyone ever tried vst guitar amp and effects emulators) Now thats what i mean.....the steinberg guitar VST combined with these effects makes the TYROS 2 (although these guitars are quite good) pee in a little hole. ( If you use a professional sound card /DSP, and not a creative junk one)

http://keyszone.boards.net

#175306 - 03/29/06 01:40 PM Re: Lionstracs revisited (Mediastation Strikes Back)
Craig_UK Offline

Loc: UK
Bachus I agree with you on the guitars. The Tyros 2 and other arrangers can't compete with the Steinberg guitars and some other software based ones, but for an arranger keyboard in a live use situation they are extremely realistic and it sure beats carrying a computer around with you linking it up to a master keyboard I play quite a few songs from the likes of Queen, U2, Pink Floyd, Dire Straits and the Tyros 2 sounds spot on. By the way I've edited almost all of the preset sounds and have got them all to my own personal taste now, the editor is the best thing about the T2. It's taken me from November up to a week back to do it though but it was well worth while.

#175307 - 04/02/06 07:31 AM Re: Lionstracs revisited (Mediastation Strikes Back)
Bachus Offline

SO i visited the Messe yesterday.

First i had a good look around, i really liked the Wersi OAS systems sound, Still thought the Tyros was best in the style department. I was amazed at the Native instruments KORE, and the possibilities of it. ( A vst driven sound engine) And lastly but not least, i was blown away by the sound of Korg's OASYS.

Then i tried to find Lionstracs, and indeed i found them in a far corner, pushed away from to much media attention.

The sounds of the mediastation where allright, though i still think that the VST's played at NI where sounding much better. Thats prolly because of the "Soundcard" quallity. ANd PA set-up.

Styles of the mediastation where not making the Cut. But i had a talk with some of the developers that where there and they told me about the option to import all brands styles and play them on the Mediastation. Even creating virtual instruments for certain types of styles ( Virtual Tyros for tyros and yamaha styles, but that part is still in the makes) I have to admit i was blown away by the options and the possibillities that a mediastation give you, its the true all in one keyboard from the go (only missing knobs to edit sounds real time)

But now the real question on everyone's lip, will mediastation ever be released. This question could noboddy truly answer at Lionstracs, as they had to admit that lionstracs was more a Linux development project then a true company. Serial production of the instruments is very far off as the instruments available now are all handmade.

So i guess that answers all the questions.
-An unbeleivable number of options
-reasonable sound
-Prolly no professional support at all

Maybe some other company will take over the concept and make it intoo a real keyboard machine.

*** Most interesting was my talk over at Korg, they had a new synthesizer (STR-1) implemented intoo the Oasys. (use to create virtual string instruments) and where working on some pretty nice other projects.Another VL synth for windinstruments is also almost ready. An engine to play Korg styles on the OASYS (using the (touch sensitive pads) to controll fill/in variation. and an interface to controll a remote computer with VST's on the Korg OASYS screen. But then this units price is still way out of most people's reach.

So you can guess what made most impression on me?

[This message has been edited by Bachus (edited 04-02-2006).]

#175308 - 04/02/06 07:14 PM Re: Lionstracs revisited (Mediastation Strikes Back)
Taike Offline

Loc: Xingyi, Guizhou (China)
So in other words, Lionstracs is an experiment, not a finished product?

#175309 - 04/02/06 08:18 PM Re: Lionstracs revisited (Mediastation Strikes Back)
miden Offline

Loc: The World
and if we guess the oasys, do we get a prize!!! ...i reckon its an awesome keyboard, and if they are adding style play capability..whew!!! what a wee beastie!!!!
dennis

#175310 - 04/03/06 04:55 AM Re: Lionstracs revisited (Mediastation Strikes Back)
Craig_UK Offline

Loc: UK
If Lionstracs is an experiment or as you say when will it be released, what the hell did they sell me then for 2600 other than the pile of plop I received?
Reading this makes me more annoyed with the way they fobbed me off with a product that clearly wasn't ready to be released. Is Domenico selling these unfinished products to fund more research?
Good riddens to them!

#175311 - 04/03/06 02:10 PM Re: Lionstracs revisited (Mediastation Strikes Back)
Bachus Offline

NAme it what you want experiment or project or even fundraising using Graigs wallet. The idea is still to my liking, the implementation not.

And to the Oasys, its been around for almost a year now and in its full setup with sampler and such costs almost 8000 and is to expensive for any non professional players.

#175312 - 04/08/06 02:10 PM Re: Lionstracs revisited (Mediastation Strikes Back)
Bachus Offline

more following this projext now from my Unix background.

Lionstracs syas that Kontakt 2 is now running on the Mediastation, but if you do some more research in the Linux music buiseness you easilly find out that the Linux VST host now runs NI kontakt 2 and so for it runs on the mediastation.
So all kudos to the Linux VST workgroup.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online