SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#175093 - 02/03/02 07:47 PM Good Report on SD1 !!!!!!!!!!!!
Maged Offline

Loc: Toronto, Canada
Strange!! About 2 months ago Synthplanet had a bad report on SD1 in their welcome page describing it as a keyboard with many problems and I posted a note here looking for an explanation.
Now they are turning 180 degrees. Read this:

“This is very good news for those who are already waiting a couple of months : the Solton SD-1 is now finally available again.
Those who have ordered their SD-1 from us, are now playing day and night, no doubt ...
This superb instrument can be savoured using this link. Don't delay to order now!
The sooner you order, the sooner you'll start playing your own new Solton SD-1!”

STRANGE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maged

#175094 - 02/03/02 08:28 PM Re: Good Report on SD1 !!!!!!!!!!!!
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
The Sd1 is better now than it was 6 months ago . The 1st SD1 were introduced in June of last year .They have implemented rootless chording (via SY) . Made adjustments with OS upgrades !
The keyboard definately sounds great IMO .
Another thing that Ketron does well is utilize the hard drive ! Excellent storage (6gigs) and quick access for most features (song play , file storage) . Gotta love it !
Now AJ is helping Ketron with tech support and OS updates here in USA . Very cool !
dano/ketronguy

#175095 - 02/03/02 11:24 PM Re: Good Report on SD1 !!!!!!!!!!!!
Roel Offline

Hi Maged,

In fact synthplanet only added the word 'again' to the original text that was on their site. The only reason for the 'bad report' is the fact SP was not able to get SD1's !
Mine is performing well !!

Roel

#175096 - 02/04/02 04:25 AM Re: Good Report on SD1 !!!!!!!!!!!!
notlos Offline

Loc: Belgium
Hi maged,
Like i say in the early topic on this item.
Synthplanet gives only a good report on a instrument when they can delivery that instrument. If not... they gives a bad report on that instrument !!!
Sometimes the distribution-department of some
factory's boycot the delivery to synthplanet...
Greetings Notlos http://www.mp3.com/dirkbaert

------------------

#175097 - 02/04/02 04:23 PM Re: Good Report on SD1 !!!!!!!!!!!!
Maged Offline

Loc: Toronto, Canada
You might all be right. My concern was their marketing strategy (id it was the real reason behind their contradicting reports). They should not be influencing people positively or negatively based on keyboards availability.
How can anybody trust them after?

Maged

#175098 - 02/04/02 09:43 PM Re: Good Report on SD1 !!!!!!!!!!!!
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
By the way, does anyone know if Ketron has solved the noisy DSP problem in the latest OS release?
You know, I might always add another keyboard to my setup...

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online