SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#174494 - 07/26/02 08:37 PM Re: Your Favorite Instrument and Song?
Bluezplayer Offline

Loc: Catskill Mountains, NY
My favorite instrument: B3. Close behind I also like (in no particular order ) Fender Rhodes, Electric guitars ( Les Paul Custom being my favorite ) and my own Motif. ..

My favorite songs can vary a bit depending on the mood.. but two stand out as my all time favs and I cannot decide between them:

" Karn Evil 9" from the album Brain Salad Surgery, by Emerson Lake and Palmer and "Heart of The Sunrise" from the album Fragile, by Yes

I guess "Flight Over Rio" from the album Elegant Gypsy, by Al DiMeola is pretty close too.

AJ

#174495 - 07/28/02 06:12 PM Re: Your Favorite Instrument and Song?
ComposerRyan Offline

My favorite instrument is, of course, the Yamaha PSR740! Why? Because it contains the entire world of music in ONE instrument...and that is simply awesome. So, basically, I love all instruments - from acoustic grand piano to strings - and, since the PSR740 has all of them, it is my all time favorite instrument: it contains the grand piano, the cello, strings, guitars...you name it, the PSR740 can play it! Here is a list of my favorite instruments:
-Yamaha PSR740
-Acoustic Grand Piano
-Cello
-All string instruments too!
Quote:
I think it's the cello.
It has one of the largest ranges in the orchestra, and has a haunting, soothing element that pulls you INSIDE the music. When played well .....

There's ALWAYS room for cello !

Really Uncle Dave? I'm honestly surprised! That is so cool that you like the cello, because, as Robby already said, we played the cello for about two years! I just loved string class and the cello is just breathtaking (especially when it was played in combination with the entire orchestra!) Uncle Dave, have you ever listened to the Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon soundtrack? Well, it is full of cello music and it is one of my favorite soundtracks. Plus, Yo-Yo Ma plays a number of featured solo parts as well...it is a perfect example of how beautiful the cello is. I highly suggest you listen to "The Encounter" on the Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon soundtrack - it is some of the most beautiful orchestra music I have ever heard.

Also, another instrument that I find fascinating is the bagpipe. I like the bagpipe to a certain extent, when played right. In some movies, for instance, it is really beautiful (especially on sad parts, too.)

Well, see you later everybody!
Ryan

------------------
CHECK OUT THE PTRNET WEBSITES!

Performance Hall, Dedicated to Thomas Brothers Music: http://webquad.tripod.com/ph/

American Conquest Real-Time-Strategy Game: http://ptrnet.tripod.com/ac/

(NEW!) Officers of Valor Gaming Group: http://ptrnet.tripod.com/oov/

ALSO, PLEASE BE SURE TO VISIT THE WEBQUAD NETWORK AT:
http://www.webquad.com

CONTACT ME AT:
composerryan@webquad.com

#174496 - 07/28/02 07:06 PM Re: Your Favorite Instrument and Song?
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
I haven't heard the Crouching Tiger soundtrack yet, but I am a Yoyo fan, for sure. His Duets with Itzack Pearlman at the Oscars a few yeras back was very impressive.

I had the opportunity to work with a client today on the psr740. We were doing multitrack recording and it really is laid out nice. To be fair ... I never tried to multitrack on the 2000 at all, but the layout did not seem to be set up for ease of operation. The 740 is a breeze to navigate.

Keep enjoying the 740, and the instruments that it imitates !

#174497 - 07/29/02 03:04 AM Re: Your Favorite Instrument and Song?
Micco Offline

Loc: Finland
My favourite instrument is soprano saxophone. Tenor sax is a very fine instrument also but for me the soprano is the one because of the sound. Are there any other sax players here?

It is difficult to say which song is my favourite. I have many favourite songs, mostly smooth jazz.

Micco

#174498 - 07/29/02 08:14 AM Re: Your Favorite Instrument and Song?
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by ComposerRyan:
Yo-Yo Ma plays a number of featured solo parts ...it is a perfect example of how beautiful the cello is.

I heard that the Chinese born cellist changed his name from Yo Ma-Ma after he found that many Americans took offense when he introduced himself.

Quote:
Originally posted by ComposerRyan:

"The Encounter" on the Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon soundtrack - it is some of the most beautiful orchestra music I have ever heard.

Ryan, I agree.

#174499 - 07/29/02 08:27 AM Re: Your Favorite Instrument and Song?
Zack Offline

i have a new favorite song every week, but right now its that Hero song from the spiderman soundtrack. my instrument, is of course, keyboard, but guitar is a close runner-up. :-) Zack

#174500 - 07/29/02 08:59 PM Re: Your Favorite Instrument and Song?
KnightRobby Offline

Loc: United States
Yeah, some great comments and opinions out here! I definitely love different instruments, you cannot live without one of them They're all too unique, although I do favor the piano to an extent.

Quote:
i have a new favorite song every week, but right now its that Hero song from the spiderman soundtrack.

Yeah, that song is GREAT! I know what you are talking about! Our older brother Ricky over here really loves it himself.

And Yo-Yo Ma is a very talented cello player. It is good to see someone doing something creative with any instrument, especially the cello. The cello, by itself, might not sound that good, but with what Yo-Yo does with it, it sounds beautiful! Same with other instruments too - you got to get creative in order to make it sound good!

See You Around!
Robby

"Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experiences of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, vision cleared, ambition inspired and success achieved."
- Helen Keller

See You Around On The Forum(s)!

#174501 - 07/31/02 07:39 PM Re: Your Favorite Instrument and Song?
Mosiqaar Offline

Loc: Atlanta, GA, USA
My favorite instrument is the AOUD, which is the origin of guitar. If you don't know what that is you can see it at my website www.geocities.com/mosiqaar

If you click on samermusic there will be a short sample that I recorded just to demonstrate the sound.

My favorite music on it is improvising (which is what you will hear in that short demo).

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online