SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#174387 - 10/14/06 12:38 PM Re: TYROS 2 the most complete and satisfying keyboard of all time!!
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
I smell plastic burning!!

Hey Gary, I hear Mr Fix it did it again...

[This message has been edited by Fran Carango (edited 10-14-2006).]

#174388 - 10/14/06 01:23 PM Re: TYROS 2 the most complete and satisfying keyboard of all time!!
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Fran Carango:
I smell plastic burning!!

Hey Gary, I hear Mr Fix it did it again...

[This message has been edited by Fran Carango (edited 10-14-2006).]

Fran you mean MR WIZARD!!!!

I want to thank Gary for reparing my PA300 AC adapter....as always "I Love You Man"
Now I have one for back up also....

I personally would have voted the 3k as best arranger KB in the last few years.....
but who am I?

PS ....I love the smell of plastic

#174389 - 10/14/06 03:11 PM Re: TYROS 2 the most complete and satisfying keyboard of all time!!
Songman55 Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD USA
I have a Tyros 1 that I've used for about the past 50 gigs and it's doing a nice job for me. I especially appreciated it yesterday as I taught a college class in the morning and then had 3 gigs in the afternoon and evening. I still love the G 1000 but it would have busted my ass yesterday.

Joe

------------------
Songman55
Joe Ayala

#174390 - 10/15/06 07:39 PM Re: TYROS 2 the most complete and satisfying keyboard of all time!!
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
It should be noted that BOTH the TYROS1 and TYROS2 models were voted the most powerful keyboards in the world by the international music press.

I have to say though that I fail to see how the SAV's make the Tyros2 the most complete and satisfying keyboard of all time. Of ALL TIME??? Really. I'm sure there are keyboardists around the world that would beg to differ with that bold statement by the UK's MIA.

Best regards,
Mike

#174391 - 10/19/06 03:28 PM Re: TYROS 2 the most complete and satisfying keyboard of all time!!
The Insider Offline

Loc: Buckinghamshire,England
Hi Mike. . .What's yours then?

#174392 - 10/19/06 03:38 PM Re: TYROS 2 the most complete and satisfying keyboard of all time!!
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
[B]And so it all starts again..........B]

So this is what you do? Let it go already. Ask something intelligent or say something valuable, PLEASE!!! These guys are playing with each other. It's social inter(net)action. Some of us like this stuff. Don't read or don't comment if it's not your cup of tea.

[This message has been edited by cassp (edited 10-19-2006).]

#174393 - 10/19/06 04:54 PM Re: TYROS 2 the most complete and satisfying keyboard of all time!!
zuki Offline

I'm picking up my VA76 tomorrow..the best keyboard of all time

zuki

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand

#174394 - 10/20/06 09:40 AM Re: TYROS 2 the most complete and satisfying keyboard of all time!!
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
Best keyboard of all times... who are baiting?

My votes go to the Hammond B3 and Kurzweil PC88, but who cares.

I haven't played enough different arrangers to have a solid opinion. I liked my Korg iX300 and my present PSR2000, but I know there are many others I would love.

#174395 - 10/20/06 11:41 AM Re: TYROS 2 the most complete and satisfying keyboard of all time!!
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Well, cassp, going by posts lately, some of us don't like this stuff....... Intelligent and valuable - a press award by an obscure trade association?

If this is the limit of our internet interaction, quoting foreign press releases to further our backslapping, doesn't say much, does it? It's getting desperate when we have to look at the English press for confirmation about our purchasing choices...... you don't see many bemoan their choice of keyboard when NAMM doesn't endorse it!

Best keyboard of all time......... Hmmmmm, let me see;

B3
DX7IIS
K2500
CS80
A good Steinway (I know, it's not an electronic keyboard!)
Oasys
Rhodes Suitcase
Clavinet D6
Minimoog
OBXa
(yes, the stuff all our arrangers are trying to COPY.... unsuccessfully, most of the time)

Hard to call ANYTHING with a cheap plastic keybed 'best keyboard of all time' (plus something else next year will get the same title). Too much listening to the sounds, not enough actual PLAYING (or doesn't how a keyboard FEELS and responds matter?)........

Maybe 'best arranger', but best keyboard.......?

#174396 - 10/20/06 12:47 PM Re: TYROS 2 the most complete and satisfying keyboard of all time!!
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
Well, cassp, going by posts lately, some of us don't like this stuff....... Intelligent and valuable - a press award by an obscure trade association?

If this is the limit of our internet interaction, quoting foreign press releases to further our backslapping, doesn't say much, does it?

Wanna know what can kill a forum? Members (who are) made to feel that everything they post is under some kind of micro-scrutiny and that the board's self-appointed censor and monitor of what is and is not relevant, will come down on them like a ton of bricks if their post doesn't pass intellectual muster. Diki, you're a smart guy, probably smarter than most of us, and I always read your usually well-thought-out posts with great interest......but man, you gotta let the other people breathe, know what I mean?

Gotta go along with cassp on this one.... "It's just social inter(net)action", every post doesn't have to be a pearl of wisdom (although this one is ).

chas

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online