SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#174254 - 07/03/01 08:55 PM MOTIF
JCkeeys Offline

Loc: St. James,New York,USA
I had the oportunity at a local Guitar Center to play the new Yamaha Motif. Excellent sounds and a ton of them!!! Did not have the time to go through the features but it has a lot to offer! The keyboard is a nice quality, nice touch, looks very pro!

#174255 - 07/04/01 04:25 AM Re: MOTIF
Arbaz Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by JCkeeys:
I had the oportunity at a local Guitar Center to play the new Yamaha Motif. Excellent sounds and a ton of them!!!

How does Motif "Excellent sounds" compare to the Triton sounds? I have not played Motif but have heard the demo on the Yamaha site and to my ear Triton is way ahead in sound department, just my 2 cents.

#174256 - 07/04/01 08:13 AM Re: MOTIF
JCkeeys Offline

Arbaz....I did not compare them side by side. I have played the Triton many times and own a PA80. As far as which one 'SOUNDS' better? We go down that same road we all have gone down before on this forum. You have folks who love Korg, those that love Yamaha, people crazy for Roland...etc. The Motif, I think, may be more head to head competition for the Karma than the Triton? My personal oppinion is I favor the Yamaha Piano, Reed, and Brass sounds.

#174257 - 07/04/01 09:07 AM Re: MOTIF
sk880user Offline

Loc: United States
How do you compare the PA80 grand piano sound with motif grand piano sound?

maybe I should listen to it!

#174258 - 07/04/01 04:47 PM Re: MOTIF
JCkeeys Offline

SK880...I think most would say the Grand Piano on the Motif is better than the PA80. Not night and day better(I hate to use the word 'better')lets say more generally appealing.(It's 'tuff' trying to be politically correct)

[This message has been edited by JCkeeys (edited 07-04-2001).]

#174259 - 07/04/01 05:44 PM Re: MOTIF
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
I think the Motif first Piano (the one out of the 9000 Pro is outstanding. The second Piano is the Steinway and it is also outstanding. The triton, Karma and PA80 pianos are very good but in my opinion not outstanding. Also, the comparison between the Yamaha and the Korg has to be the Triton and the Motif, not the Karma, because the Karma doesn't include the sampling which the other two do. I sell both the Triton and the Motif and in the week I've had the Motif, I'm drawn to it's sounds more than the Trition. I also think Yamaha has come up with a very easy user interface on the Motif compared to the EX5, SY99, and all previous workstation keyboards. Don't be surprised when you don't find a floppy drive. I looked all over when I unpacked the Motif and then realized that you use the smart media card or the SCSI port and use a hard drive. It is unusual to have a workstation with no floppy drive, but the smart media cards store so much more information and the prices a pretty cheap.
George Kaye
(Retired 2021)

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online