SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#174249 - 06/21/07 09:01 PM Re: Drummers: Roland's new V Drum Kit...
Taike Offline

Loc: Xingyi, Guizhou (China)
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
I dunno... all those keys next to each other. And you know what? After 40 years of playing, I still occasionally hit the wrong one!!

Of course, when I make a slip up (they happen!), nothing breaks. You make ONE slip up with either of these tools with a 2B in your hands, you'll be lucky if it doesn't break.

It's kind of like saying that, as long as you are a professional race car driver, you ought to never have an accident. But of course, 99.9999% of all the cars being driven are not in the hands of race car drivers...

It seems to me that 99.9999% of all cars ARE being driven by race car drivers and the remaining cars by blue-haired ladies.

Taike

#174250 - 06/22/07 01:51 AM Re: Drummers: Roland's new V Drum Kit...
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
No, just by people that THINK they are race car drivers!

#174251 - 06/22/07 01:55 AM Re: Drummers: Roland's new V Drum Kit...
Burkels Offline

Loc: Alkmaar, The Netherlands, Euro...
Quote:
I dunno... all those keys next to each other. And you know what? After 40 years of playing, I still occasionally hit the wrong one!!

Of course, when I make a slip up (they happen!), nothing breaks. You make ONE slip up with either of these tools with a 2B in your hands, you'll be lucky if it doesn't break.

Hitting a wrong key is fairly easy. But IMHO you're not much of a drummer if you manage to miss either left or right side tom completely and hit a module that's between the two...

#174252 - 06/22/07 05:30 AM Re: Drummers: Roland's new V Drum Kit...
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
I'm not talking experienced players hitting the module. This drum set is going to be a V set priced within the range of younger drummers. V drums are very popular, but are very expensive. This low cost V kit "will" appeal to less experienced players. So yes they will probably smack the hell out of the module at times.

Just as we all make mistakes when we play our keyboards--and you know we do.., doesn't mean we drummers hit perfectly all the time. I still see great drummers smacking sticks, screwing up rim shots, and even missing occasionally. It happens to the best of us.
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#174253 - 06/22/07 06:18 AM Re: Drummers: Roland's new V Drum Kit...
Taike Offline

Loc: Xingyi, Guizhou (China)
Quote:
No, just by people that THINK they are race car drivers!

That's what I meant, of course.

Taike

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online