SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#174202 - 09/14/05 08:52 AM Re: Tyros 2
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
I would venture to bet, most worldwide sales of the Tyros were attributed to the UK. ;-)

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#174203 - 09/15/05 03:18 PM Re: Tyros 2
Dave Wolf Offline

Loc: Granite City,IL USA
I could not wait to hear the fusion,went to my local store as soon as they came in and was all set to leave with one untill I played with it with my headphones on that I brought along with me,,--HORRIBLE-- sound set is from the 70s os system needs lots of help--anyone who thinks this sounds anywhere near a ES or a Tyros or SD1 or anything is DEAF !!Im truly sorry Alesis but you better recall these and put some real samples in them. You are better than this...

#174204 - 09/15/05 05:39 PM Re: Tyros 2
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by abacus:

Cant go in to details but I have been reliably informed that there is more then just the Organ voicing that has been done by UK Artists and Demonstrators, quite a few of which were flown over to Japan for a few months at various times during the Tyros 2 development.

I concur with Bill (abacus), as I too know "first hand" that UK arranger kb artists & programmers were brought on by Yamaha Japan this time, to develop & produce the newly 'playable' megavoices of which include an "innovatively new" SUPER ARTICULATION live playing FEATURE to add even-more life-like realism to the sound. Can't reveal feature details or people's 'names' right now, but include a former Technics UK arranger design team leader, bringing fresh innovation to Yamaha Tyros sound & feature set, of which includes improved MusicFinder implementation and other surprises. Just wait till you hear it. The demos I heard are a significant sound advancement compared to Tyros1. More impressively revealing Tyros demos (actually played live, not computer sequenced) will appear on Yamaha's site very soon. This along with improved keyboard feel & audio recording (abeit only 2 audio stereo tracks) has got me excited. I'm planning to eventually upgrade to Tyros2 myself. - Scott

[This message has been edited by Scottyee (edited 09-15-2005).]

#174205 - 09/16/05 09:27 AM Re: Tyros 2
Impuls Offline

Loc: Netherlands
And nobody seems to know that the mega voices and the super A voices are a German invention !(i am sorry, but it is)

Arno

#174206 - 09/16/05 10:06 AM Re: Tyros 2
Tony Rome Offline

Loc: Cozumel Mexico
Arno, I wouldn't doubt that for a minute....
German technology and engineering are some of the finest in the world....
Tony Rome

#174207 - 09/16/05 10:09 AM Re: Tyros 2
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by Impuls:
And nobody seems to know that the mega voices and the super A voices are a German invention !(i am sorry, but it is)
Arno

Arno. I realize mega & super articulation voice techology was developed in Germany, but am NOT sorry.

The thing with Tyros2 development is that UK sound designers/programmers have been newly brought on to produce sounds/styles too. If only Yamaha Japan would include Americans as well in Tyros sound/style development, they might be able to bolster USA Tyros sales far above the currently dismal 5% total market share. - Scott

#174208 - 09/16/05 10:25 AM Re: Tyros 2
coca Offline

No MP3??? I am suprise that Yamaha don't implement this feature in the Tyros 2. Midjay and Korg PA1X has the ability to play MP3.

coca

#174209 - 09/16/05 11:00 AM Re: Tyros 2
BlkNotes Offline

Dear Impuls/Others;

The invented name "Mega Voice" [MV] may have been invented by Yamaha Germany, but the technology has been around for many years, before the term was first coined. It is yamahas way of describing mulitple recorded samples per note. Akai (and companies like them) has been doing this for >10-15 years. It is a common practice on sampling keyboards or software. I wouldn't be proad or bragging of the fact that a company has taken old technology and placed it into a new package, giving it a new name , and flogging it to the masses as a break through. I think this technology should have been on keyboards long ago.

The term MV is being use by Yamaha strictly for marketing purposes to generate interest versus truely introducing new technology. Which term sounds better to you; "I am a garbage man, or my occupation is that of a sanitation engineer" ?

These largers sample are now being implemented on mass produced Kbs since memory capacity & processor speed have increased greatly and costs have decreased.But Yamaha's samples are still small compared to what is currently avaliable on the market.

Regards;
BlkNotes

#174210 - 09/16/05 02:24 PM Re: Tyros 2
trtjazz Offline

Well if you've not demoed the Alesis Fusion yet, then I would reserve judgement until you do. I did and I thought it ranked even with Wal Mart junk. It has to be one of the junkiest built keyboards of all time IMO.

------------------
jam on,
Terry http://www.musicchops.com/forums/

[This message has been edited by trtjazz (edited 09-16-2005).]

#174211 - 09/16/05 07:23 PM Re: Tyros 2
pianodano Offline

Loc: Chesapeake, Virginia
Quote:
Originally posted by trtjazz:
Well if you've not demoed the Alesis Fusion yet, then I would reserve judgement until you do. I did and I thought it ranked even with Wal Mart junk. It has to be one of the junkiest built keyboards of all time IMO.

Ah man, shoot. They finally got one in at guitar center and I was planning to try it out this weekend. Oh well, just frees up money towards another computer and more samples.

Danny

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online