SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#17413 - 07/31/99 09:37 PM Just bought an N1 today, LCD not working
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi, after an exhausting search for a keyboard that would suit my needs, I finally bought a Korg N1. The LCD started black, and now is not working at all. The keyboard plays, so does this mean it's the adapter or the LCD itself. I'm very upset. I looked at the Alesis QS8 and Kurzweil PC88, and regardless of everybody's opinions I really liked Korg's sounds and action. Now I'm beginning to have buyers remorse. Please tell me it's just a bad adapter. :-(

#17414 - 07/31/99 10:14 PM Re: Just bought an N1 today, LCD not working
Cinda Private Offline

After adjusting the contrast and cursing at the N1, simply find the local authorized service rep. Korg should have it fixed under warrenty.

#17415 - 08/01/99 03:14 AM Re: Just bought an N1 today, LCD not working
Ward Music Offline

Loc: Vancouver, B.C. Canada
If the product was DOA, I would take it back to the dealer and just ask for a replacement.

Make sure you check the display contrast setting, though. Check the manual and carefully go through the steps to adjust this.

Steve Martin
Ward Music Ltd.

#17416 - 08/01/99 04:46 PM Re: Just bought an N1 today, LCD not working
Anonymous
Unregistered

It's just a pain for me to carry around a 50+ lb. keyboard, I'm just a wee little girl.
I've tried to adjust the contrast, but it is hard when my LCD is totally black. Can someone tell me the exact buttons I need to push, since I can't see anything. Thanks

#17417 - 08/17/99 09:22 PM Re: Just bought an N1 today, LCD not working
Anonymous
Unregistered

If you cant read anything on the screen because it is black. Try looking at the synth as far forward as you can. Try look at it from the back of the synth.

That will help you out if you have a contrast problem. You should then be able to make out the text to adjust the screen right If thst does not work you should get on to KORG.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online