SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#174140 - 05/01/02 11:58 AM Critique.
Mario Offline

Loc: Wayside, New jersey, USA
Hi Gang:
This time I decided to record an arrangement of the old Mitchel Legrand favorite "what are you doing the rest of your life" (happens to be my wedding song). As usual, too long for My FTP at AOL and it was cut a little short. I will welcome any suggestions you may have. I used the PSR2000 once again. http://www.members.aol.com/helimaniac/whatareyoudoing.mp3
Thanks for listening.
Mario

[This message has been edited by Mario (edited 05-01-2002).]

#174141 - 05/01/02 12:05 PM Re: Critique.
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Mario, give us the link!
(please!)
:-(

#174142 - 05/01/02 02:15 PM Re: Critique.
STAM Offline

Loc: Brussels, BELGIUM
Hi,

Very good arrangement.
A very nice song.

#174143 - 05/02/02 11:54 AM Re: Critique.
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Mario,
I was finally able to download your song.
I like the arrangement a lot (the piano part is terrific) and you have really a beautiful voice. The big plus is the intensity you put in all your interpretations. I think that you have a passionate soul and that's evident in your music.
Keep recording!
Andrea

#174144 - 05/02/02 02:33 PM Re: Critique.
notlos Offline

Loc: Belgium
Hello Mario,
like always nice song of Michel Legrand.
Nice movements and good voicings.
I love you arrangements, singing and performance.
You have the feeling of music!!!!!
Regards,
Notlos. http://www.mp3.com/dirkbaert

------------------

#174145 - 05/02/02 03:09 PM Re: Critique.
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Mario,
A beautiful rendition of a Michel LeGrand classic. You are a truly a man unafraid to display his sensitive side. BRAVO ! I really like your arrangement & instrumental fills, counter melodies, and especially the horn solo. Did you record the keyboard parts while concurrently singing or were the keyboard parts recorded separately? Was this produced on the PSR2000 entirely? Btw, I notice that your improved vocal placement (in the mask) makes it much easier now to capture the words (diction) & meaning as well. BRAVO! - Scott

#174146 - 05/02/02 08:05 PM Re: Critique.
Mario Offline

Loc: Wayside, New jersey, USA
Stam, Dreamer, Dirk and Scot:
Thank you all, you are too kind. It's great to get from you guys the "main element" that keeps us “plugging along” in this business, and that is, "encouragement"; not to mention all the valuable suggestions and ideas offered by all of you guys.
Scott, in response to your questions; I used the PSR2000 entirely for the project. After choosing the proper style, I first recorded the chords along with Intro, fills, ending(if preferred) and Left hand; all in the K2s sequencer using the standard track assignment, then I recorded de melody line using track 1 and 3. After that, I used the Multipads on tracks 5 thru 8 for different effects (Chimes, reefs, arpeggios etc..). . This all becomes a "rough" sketch of the song. Then I create a MIDI file to load onto my PC using Cakewalk Pro9, on which, I “clean up” all loose ends or make any changes needed. Once the song is cleaned then I proceed to record the vocals onto Cakewalk. I use an Editrol (analog to digital) USB interface in which I can get my voice digitally into my PC. After all is synchronized, I save it as a .wav file, which I then convert, to MP3. A long process, but worth every minute of it.
This time I was very cognizant of your suggestion to trying to place my voice correctly, I am glad you found an improvement.
Thanks again you guys.
Best Regards,
Mario

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online