SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#174024 - 01/14/02 01:36 PM Re: Another Olive Branch !!
brickboo Offline

Loc: Fruita, Colorado, USA
My computer memory isn't big enough to write about everyone here. Everyone has helped me now for two years.

Dave's mistaken. He's on this forum longer than he thinks. He was here when I first visited this forum and I think that was two years ago. Dave if I'm wrong let me know.

Everyone here has helped me muddle through trying to learn to entertain solo (while trying to keep abreast of my sax playing.)

Thanks a million!! If everyone could forgive and forget like you guys we wouldn't need a military. There wouldn't be anymore wars.

Boo

#174025 - 01/14/02 02:50 PM Re: Another Olive Branch !!
LindaFus Offline

Loc: Ledyard, CT USA
You had me at "HELLO"

Seriously,

You guys have no idea how much I have learned from you all. You have no idea how much your support helped me through some very difficult weeks and months and it continues. I have never met any of you but your attention to alot of my keyboard efforts and personal feelings have gotton me through alot. I humble myself to all of your talents.

My late husband was a Gentle Ben (250lbs 6'4"). The temperment of a kitten, the patience of a saint, integrety and moral convictions I hope I can follow, as well as the emotional expression one only sees in us "femmes" as he use to refer to the ladies. I am taken by all of you. You all rebuild my faith in the male species, that there are more of him around and lots of lucky ladies who will benefit from this kind of emotional expression and appreciation.

I commend you all for being so open and humble with eachother. I for one find it encouraging that you all can turn your attention on the most important thing we have in this world today, eachother and acknowledging how much we appreciate and care for eachother.

Was a bad 2001 for alot of us and this thread shows me that 2002 is going to be much better!

In the words of my late husband:

"Nuff said"

-Linda
(((((((((BIG GROUP HUG)))))))))

[This message has been edited by LindaFus (edited 01-14-2002).]

#174026 - 01/14/02 03:05 PM Re: Another Olive Branch !!
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Hey, Linda. Your late husband and I have several things in common. We're about the same size, we both appreciate you, and we both have a mate that loves us. Aww, gee!
DonM

#174027 - 01/14/02 05:18 PM Re: Another Olive Branch !!
flowerssupply Offline

Loc: Ireland
Thanks all and include me in that big Group hug. I am learning. Best regards Pierce

#174028 - 01/14/02 05:53 PM Re: Another Olive Branch !!
Eric, B Online   content

Loc: Ventura, Ca, USA
Of course as you all know I met with George Kay a few times.

What a guy.... I'm glad that I can drive to his store (only 50 min away).

I was just up in northern California and wanted to meet Scott Yee for the first time.
He suggested we meet with TomTomSF since he lives south of San Fransisco.
Scott had a sore throat and couldn't make it , but I met with Tom.

Very nice guy and Gentleman we had lots of fun trying different keyboards .I had brought my Pro and Tom has four KB's set up in his office. My wife sang a little and I made a new friend.

I hope that sometime in the near future I will be able to meet with some other members.

Thanks all for your support, dedication and knowledge.

Eric

#174029 - 01/14/02 06:45 PM Re: Another Olive Branch !!
dlstarry Offline

Loc: MN. U.S.A.
Hey include me in that great big hug !!!!
I'm not going to list all the names of
everyone that has helped me in this wide wide
world of electronic everything, because I'm
not to good at typing so it would take me
about a week or so to get it all typed out,
(been at this 2hrs.)So in short a GREAT
BIG HUG to all of you. OH !! by the way DonM
yes I still LOVE the 9000 PRO
Top of the world to all of you!!!!!!!
Denny

#174030 - 01/14/02 06:58 PM Re: Another Olive Branch !!
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm just a rookie here, but owe many thanks to Don M., Scott, Larry, Donny and Denny for some personal tutoring that got me started on my PSR2000. And to many others of you who have helped me and don't know it. "Checking the boards" has become a daily learning and social ritual for which I am most appreciative.

Eddie

#174031 - 01/14/02 08:58 PM Re: Another Olive Branch !!
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
oh my god?!
I guess because I'm the one that prompted this thread in the first place, I'd better post something . Here's a quick (yeah right*!?) rundown. If I somehow overlooked someone, it certainly wasn't intentional.

Dreamer (Andrea Rotolo): An intellegent multi talented guy (he's a doctor & photographer as well as musician) who has initiated many thought provoking threads. We've even had the opportunity to speak (by internet telephone Rome/San Francisco).

Roel deJonge: My buddy from way back (Technics Canada days) who has generously shared his studio recording knowledge with me. I always respect what he has to say and enjoy his music (performed with his partner
Wieste) as well.

Sander Thalen: Smart 17 year old with a bright musical future. If he could just somehow figure out how to keep his aquarium fish alive.

Kmac: Keyboardist extraordinaire: featured keyboard artist at the Technics Worldwide Concert held in the UK a couple of years ago. Thanks for all the support you've given.

Gunnar: My foremost Technics KN5000 buddy. Are you still planning to wait for the next KN keyboard to come out before upgrading, or have we enticed you enough with Yamaha PSR2000 to convince you to give it a try?

AJ Ketron (Prince): enjoyed the times we had chatting by phone and comparing notes/testing arrangers: Technics, Ketron SD1, etc. This guy is truly a prince and a gentleman.

Uncle Dave: King of the board. He always has a LOT to say and real life experience to back it up.

Donny Pesce: A great bud in NJ who I always enjoy chatting with. It was Donny who first tried to get me to go the Yamaha PSR route. I'm glad I finally listened.

Fran Carango: Many thanks for your continued friendship & support with EMC stylesworks. He's quiet guy, but he's always there when you need him.

Dan O'Neil: I admire his devotion and loyalty to Solton-Ketron keyboards. Look forward to seeing him at NAMM this week.

George Kaye: He's the most knowledgable arranger keyboard dealer I've ever encountered and he's always there to help out and answer questions on the board. It was because of George, that I was able to initially contact Sandro at Ketron to convince them to implement rootless style jazz chord voicing recognition in the SD1.

Don Mason: A true Southern Gentleman and loyal friend. A gentle giant with a warm heart. I'm glad we're playing the same keyboard (again).

Boo Hargis: The only 'real' hardcore jazz musician on the board. I studied jazz in college and had the opportunity to work with some jazz legends myself, but Boo has played in New Orleans with the BEST of
them all. Like Uncle Dave, I've gone more mainstream now, but still love playing jazz changes (now and then) and swingin' the beat on those great standards.

Deaton: East Coast meets the Beachboys. His band always sounds like they're having a good time. Great fun music. Thanks for the CD.

Paul Ip: Haven't seen him around lately, but perhaps he's lurking. I Always appreciate his input here, particularly his valuable midi knowledge.

Joe Waters, Bluesplayer,Larry (Beakybird), Carlos Rodrigues: My new PSR2000 buddies.It's great to have friends who share the same KB as you. Since the PSR2000's my first Yamaha arranger, I really appreciate the experience these guys have with the Yamaha PSR line.

Denny (dlstarry): He's devoted to his Yamaha 9000pro and rightfully so. Denny, I enjoyed your rendition of the 'Steel Guitar Rag'. Congrats on getting your MP3 recording setup up and running too.

Charlie Wong: Great to meet another Asian (Chinese) American on the board. Both talented and all around nice guy. Wishing him great success with his music writing pursuits.

EricB: I feel real bad that I didn't get a chance to meet him during the New Years holiday. Unfortunately , I came down with a bad sore throat on the morning of our scheduled visit at TomTomSF's place. I really needed to recover for the upcoming New Years Eve gig 2 days later. I hope we can still meet at a later date and hear your Carlos Santana rendition on the 9000pro.

TomTomSf: I met Tom about a year and 1/2 ago when he first got his Technics KN5000. He came over to my place and we had fun going over the arranger's features, & playing music.

Rube: Haven't seen him posting here lately but he a real mellow guy who lives in Puerto Rico and even made a special custom key chain (with my name engraved) for me (along with his CD). MANY THANKS.

Nigel: Without this guy, this board would never have been possible. MANY thanks Nigel for his continued friendship & support, including keeping the board up and running and time clock in sync as well.

I'm beginning to think we need to have an annual convention get together at this point because I could go on listing many other terrific people here: Linda, Tom Cavanaugh, John Smies, MikeH, GrahamUK, Clif Anderson, Bsharp, etc, but I guess I'd better save this for another day or I'll end up going 'on and on'.

#174032 - 01/14/02 09:24 PM Re: Another Olive Branch !!
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Quote:
Gunnar: My foremost Technics KN5000 buddy. Are you still planning to wait for the next KN keyboard to come out before upgrading, or have we enticed you enough with Yamaha PSR2000 to convince you to give it a try?
------------------------------------------------------

Hi Scott

Foremost? Do that mean you're sold your KN??

Well, I'm still very fond of my KN5000, and so
far I've seen no big reason to change.
As you know, I tested the SD1 and it got me
really swinging in many ways. Really.

The huge amount of software and programs that
I have for the KN make me still keep calm, but
when and if I deside to do something, all brands
will be considered. Also Yamaha........
I am very curious about the news this year, both
Namm and Frankfurth, this spring and later, and
also wondering about if Technics / Panasonic
still will be 'alive' and among the top line KB's.
GJ

[This message has been edited by Gunnar Jonny (edited 01-14-2002).]
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#174033 - 01/14/02 09:53 PM Re: Another Olive Branch !!
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
hi Gunnar, Nope, not selling my KN5000, at least not for a while anyway. One thing I prefer about Technics (over Yamaha) is their great chord recognition in full keyboard mode. I'm really enjoying the Yamaha PSR2000, but when I want to play/comp in a piano jazz style, which only Technic's full keyboard mode supports, I take the KN5000. I still plan to checkout and consider the KN7000 when it's released (at the end of the year?). The PSR2000 was initially purchased only to be an interim backup keyboard, but it exceeded my expectations and now functions as my main board. I've imported a number of Technics styles into the 2000, making it kind of a hybrid KB now. - Scott

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online