SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#173952 - 11/20/05 06:54 PM Updated and new PSR-3000 registrations...
travlin'easy Online   happy

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
For those of you who own a PSR-3000 (or two), I have posted some updated and new registrations at the PSR Tutorial . Lots of changes in intros, OTS settings, and a few other goodies. You'll also find a Setup file, which is used to set the mic and pedal settings upon startup. When you first turn on the keyboard, select the Setup registration, press the #1 registration button and the settings are instantly ready to go. Pedal #1 instrument harmony, Pedal #2 vocal harmony, and all the mic settings I use for both the handheld and headset mic.

Enjoy,

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

[This message has been edited by travlin'easy (edited 11-20-2005).]

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#173953 - 11/21/05 05:07 AM Re: Updated and new PSR-3000 registrations...

In the Slo 50s2 registrations, there are two song that link to a 3rd party style file, Last Date and Young Love. Both use the Floyd's Last Date style, which can be found in Gig Disk #10. Just download and install the style file in the keyboard User style area, and those registrations will work fine.

Cheers,

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

#173954 - 11/21/05 07:35 AM Re: Updated and new PSR-3000 registrations...
grandpa tom Offline

Loc: Prescott, WI, USA
Thanks Gary for graciously sharing your efforts and knowledge with people like myself. Your generosity is truly appreciated.

Tom J

#173955 - 11/22/05 11:51 PM Re: Updated and new PSR-3000 registrations...
vclocke Offline

Loc: riverside, ca, usa
Hey Gary,

A couple of comments - actually a comment and a question. I want to wish you and your family the best of the Thanksgiving holiday (and the season upon us). I haven't talked to you for a while and so thought I would ask your personal opinion re: buying a PSR3000. Do you think it is worth waiting to see what comes of a "new" 3000+; or should I go ahead with buying a 3000 after the first of the year? Obviously I'm asking for an opinion - but I trust yours. Take care !!

vc

------------------
Vern

#173956 - 11/23/05 06:00 AM Re: Updated and new PSR-3000 registrations...

Vern,

I sincerely believe the PSR-3000 is among the most incredible arranger keyboards that has come along in more than a decade, especially for the price. And, while the Tyros2 obviously has even more features, than the 3000 and its predicessor the Tyros, I tend to think Yamaha will be coming out with something in the $1,200 to $1,500 price range that has many of the features found on both boards, and that board will be introduced during the summer NAAM show. It is my feverent wish that Yamaha, and all other manufacturers improve the visibility of their LCD displays, make them larger, brighter and sunlight viewable. For this feature alone, I would trade in both PSR-3000s and buy a pair of updated boards, especially if the board had many of the T2 attributes as well.

Good Luck, and have a Happy T-Day,

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online