SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#17402 - 04/07/02 04:57 PM Re: :::: Korg X5D / Cakewalk Pro audio 9/ Windows XP :::::
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks Ralph!

The problem was in the cable. After connecting the 7. and 8. pins with a small jumper on the serial end, all freezings disappeared Since I am not a hardware expert, it really was scary to make a step like that, but it works! And now I remember, that my cable is not a Korg product, because as far as I remember I bought it from Roland, so you might be wrong when you think that Korg does not do it's best -though it took them quite a long time to make this driver anyway.
Otherwise I am looking for someone using NS5R to share infos on the unit. I am eager to know, how people use RPN/NRPN messages, and I would be happy to share everything I've learnt on this instrument. Or can anybody tell me where I can find such forums?

redeye22

#17403 - 04/22/02 04:21 PM Re: :::: Korg X5D / Cakewalk Pro audio 9/ Windows XP :::::
WS Offline

http://www.synthzone.com/korg.htm for sites specific to your synth.

#17404 - 05/08/02 09:57 PM Re: :::: Korg X5D / Cakewalk Pro audio 9/ Windows XP :::::
Anonymous
Unregistered

Win98 is finally running almost every (good)audio software out there without a glitch !! Why does anyone wish to downgrade to XP ?? All the freebee programs for the X5D (based on Win 3.1) run beautiful on Win 98 which runs Cakewalk PRO 9.0 seamlessly.. In fact the X5D is the only synth (out of 26 connected)that does not interface thru my outboard midiports. Still using the homemade cable from an old Mac printer & serial mouse cables spliced together.!!! Hey by the way, I have over 50 banks of custom patches with the cakewalk .ins definitions written for them and text files to match should any of you X-series users what them. Comes in very Handy when you have 1,138 voice polyphony capabilities !!!

#17405 - 05/22/02 02:32 AM Re: :::: Korg X5D / Cakewalk Pro audio 9/ Windows XP :::::
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks Ralph
The solution is a correct cable !
For Windows 2000 and XP
If you want to make a correct cable see
Pin connection, from NS5R Manual:
Mini DIN 8pin connected to D-Sub 9pin
3 ---------------------- 2
4 ---------------------- 5
5 ---------------------- 3
____________________________!--- 8
____________________________!--- 7
(on D-Sub 9pin: jumper between pin 7 and 8)
For numbering pin connection cable see: http://www.connectworld.net/connectors.html

[This message has been edited by vber (edited 05-22-2002).]

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online