SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#173743 - 12/30/02 12:46 AM Re: PSR-1000/2000 Pitchbend wheels..., Are they any good.?
keyskitten Offline

Loc: Dickinson, Texas, USA
I agree 100 percent about the 740/2000 being pro quality, and that the TYROS is a big overpriced gimmick.

My 740 is the hub of my music studio, and I also added a Roland XV5050 module to add some new sounds, and I use a good amp and mixer to get all the sounds out together.

Yep, take the speakers off either 740 or 2000 and it could do a fine job onstage I'm sure.

By the way, I demo'd the MOTIF right next to the Roland fantom when thinking of a new module (and picked the roland) because the MOTIF soundset sounded just like my PSR740 soundset.

Yes, maybe "more" in # of voices but basically all the same sounds.

Yes, my 740 does just as good a sound job as any PSR 9000, any MOTIF -- and with the Roland module as additional sounds -- its got the mega voices beat all to H*ll -- because you can actually PLAY the roland guitars live, whereas, my friend who gigs and did buy a tyros, found that the mega voices are programmed in such a way that they cannot be played by the keyboard player, the manual says they are for "styles and midi implentation only"

this is because the programmers set the "key range" to a small section of keys and put the velocity switching in a difficult range as well ON PURPOSE to keep those voices in the STYYLES section only.

My gigging friend is HOPPING MAD about that. But he says the TYROS is worth it cause its not as heavy as his PSR9000, that he traded in for it.

So its all about the speakers , really I think my friend jut *had to have the best and newest* and got sucked in by all the hoopla at the PSR songs group, where it seems that more than 30 people have plunked down that $3000, and the majority of them are home hobbyists who 5 years ago had *never* played a keyboard before!

Go figure,

peace,

Cathy http://www.roncat.net/private.htm (midi files mostly made on my PSR, working on new ones now.)

#173744 - 12/30/02 01:56 AM Re: PSR-1000/2000 Pitchbend wheels..., Are they any good.?
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Keyskitten,
The only thing I have to disagree with is your comparison between the 740 and Motif.. I've played both as well, and I honestly think the Motif beats the 740 hands down "especially" in the acoustic department.. The EP's on the Motif are awsome, and are a great deal better than the 740. Did you really dig into the guitar sounds of the motif??? The velocity curves on those were awsome, and quite realistic. I do agree that the 740 sounds good, and can hold it's own on stage, but in terms of "sample" quality the Motif has the edge.

Squeak
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online