SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#173553 - 01/21/05 08:26 AM How can I tell what style a recorded song is?
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
Yamaha psr740... a song I have recorded and saved to floppy disk. When I pull that song up to play it, how can I tell what style it is using? There's a way to do this. Some sequence of buttons you push while the song is loaded or something. I think I wrote this down in my manual but my manual isn't here and I can't find it in a search from this forum. Which is where I learned it.

This is for situations like now where I have my lead sheet but I forgot to write down what style it is.

#173554 - 01/22/05 10:05 AM Re: How can I tell what style a recorded song is?
Michael P. Bedesem Offline

Loc: Shrewsbury, VT
If the song was quick recorded, and it is loaded into the same instrument, then the style should automatically be selected when the song is loaded.

You can see the name of the style (if it is included in a midi) and the instrument model number by using the program MidiPlayer.

Regards,

Michael

#173555 - 01/22/05 10:49 AM Re: How can I tell what style a recorded song is?
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Michael P. Bedesem:
If the song was quick recorded, and it is loaded into the same instrument, then the style should automatically be selected when the song is loaded.

Not in the psr740. It doesn't show it and if you push 'style," it shows you the last style used, not the style of the recorded song.

However, there IS a way to find this. You go into some sub-menu and press a certain button, maybe the record button. I'll have to try that.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online