SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#173302 - 09/21/01 09:28 PM Anyone heard of the Audix PH15-vs?
Beakybird Offline

I like to travel light when I gig. I'm interested in the Audix PH15-vs powered speakers.

I use the Yamaha PSR 740. That goes on my luggage cart with the keyboard stand. Using a wireless mic, I don't need a mic boom. I have been keeping a pair of Numark M-40 DJ monitors in a duffle bag that I sling over my shoulder. They are 20watts per channel. I set them up on the floor in front of my keyboard. I find that with my light and compact setup, I can arrive at gigs 7-8 minutes before starting and still be ready to play on time.

My M-40s blew out on me today, and I don't have any good replacement speakers. I wanted to get something a little better, but something that will still fit in a duffle bag so I can still fit all my gear in my trunk and won't need to buy a four wheel cart. Guitar Center has a sale on these Audix PH15-vs for $300, and I wanted to ask if anyone has ever run across these. Thanks, Larry

#173303 - 09/22/01 07:18 PM Re: Anyone heard of the Audix PH15-vs?
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
I would try them out . Nice set of Monitors for the money . If they do not work out than I would suggest the Yamaha MSP5's . Yamaha does have a smaller version coming out called the MSP3's ( I believe). 30 day trial period at GC . Return them and upgrade if you are not happy ! Dano

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online