SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#172896 - 10/24/04 09:52 AM new topic TROJANS
nardoni2002 Offline

Loc: malaga, spain
hi all,iv,e heard that these so called trojans (viruses)can retrieve information from your pc. without you knowing,what concerns me is this,if you were to purchase something online with your credit card,you automatically go to a secure site,and that is safe ,here is my query,if you type your details into these safe sites,this info is going through your pc.so can trojans retrieve this personal info about your credit cards from your pc.???mike

#172897 - 10/24/04 10:06 AM Re: new topic TROJANS
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Almost anything is possible with Trojans. If they can't do it now, someone will figure it out soon. I've never had a problem losing CC info, but I run a good Virus program and a Firewall, and keep them updated.
DonM

#172898 - 10/24/04 10:29 AM Re: new topic TROJANS
nardoni2002 Offline

Loc: malaga, spain
hi don,i also had AVG virus protection and a firewall,even though i had daily updates,i still got a trojan, the AVG detected the trojan but could not get rid of it,i had to get a pc. pro in to fix it,these people who send these out cause so much damage and costs,i,m surprised that these major companies like microsoft can,t catch and prosecute,maybe soon ,very soon they will,mike

#172899 - 10/24/04 11:51 AM Re: new topic TROJANS
Exound Offline

Loc: Hoorn, Netherlands
Mike...You probably already know but most Trojans enter your pc via email,so don't open email with attachment from people you don't know.
But I've heard that a normal picture (jpg) can have a trojan or virus init, what I never had thought it would be possible.
Besides a software firewall you can also connect your pc via a router which also have a firewall inside so you are protected
by 2 firewalls.
As for passwords...don't use easy passwords like the name of your cat but use letters and figures.
I think it's impossible to protect your pc for 100% but you can make it difficult and that could be a reason for a hacker to search for an easier prey.
Jan

[This message has been edited by Exound (edited 10-24-2004).]

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online