SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#172737 - 03/14/02 01:15 PM Calling LindaFus!!
Nobby Offline

Loc: Palmyra Mo. U.S.A.
Linda,
Would check out your new 2000 and let us know
If you have the new version 1.2
Some of us on another thread were wondering if they had changed their testing prosedure.
that follows, would you check and let us know
I can't see why they would change it!

Quote:
You can all easily check your PSR2000's OS version by pressing/holding C#2, F2, G#2 simultaneously (C#maj triad chord) while turning on the keyboard. Use Tempo + / - and Star/Stop (Accompaniment) buttons to perform the various tests (main boot, main program, etc). The important one to check is: Main Program.

Thankx! Linda in advance,
Nobby

------------------

#172738 - 03/14/02 01:37 PM Re: Calling LindaFus!!
LindaFus Offline

Loc: Ledyard, CT USA
Hi!

The version check procedure is the same.

Works fine.

-Linda

#172739 - 03/14/02 02:57 PM Re: Calling LindaFus!!
jedi Offline

Loc: Merrimack, N.H.
Hi Linda,
I was reading another thread and did you get another 2000 and this one you have now is Ver. 2.0? Are you enjoying the new one and is it better and did you notice any other improvments such as build quality and key action? Best of luck, feed-back please! Thanks
jedi

#172740 - 03/14/02 03:11 PM Re: Calling LindaFus!!
LindaFus Offline

Loc: Ledyard, CT USA
Hi Jedi,

Yes, I returned the first 2k and got this new one which has version 2 in it. I played the first one (1.0) quite a bit when I got it but I started a new job, when I got the replacement and I haven't had much free time to play it. What I have noticed, and I could be very wrong, is that the OS appears to be faster? I do not notice any differences in the construction or quality at all. Then again I am so tired that it might just LOOK to fast to me ha-ha!

Maybe its just me but I keep thinking the settings menus appear different. Maybe more options? I will have to take a day on the weekend soon and just play with it and see if I can tell if its changed or not.

Being a single person and taking care of three dogs a house and a full time job takes alot of time! I gotta do it all!

Yes, I am enjoying my keyboard very much though I wish I had more time to play it.

-Linda

#172741 - 03/14/02 06:11 PM Re: Calling LindaFus!!
jedi Offline

Loc: Merrimack, N.H.
Hi Linda,
Thanks for the reply, I`m glad you got a good one. Now that you mention it the one that I had , a few months ago, did seem to operate a little slow. Very time I would change a setting an error mesage "flashed on the screen" , but it was so fast that I never had a chance to read it. I`m still waiting, but from reading all the post lately it would seem that Yamaha might finaly be getting there "act together" (let`s hope so I`ll keep reading the post for now but when I decide I`ll give a full reveiw of what ever I end up getting.
Take care and best wishes ,
jedi

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online