SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#172428 - 03/27/05 04:35 PM anybody if a powerbook harddrive will work with Tyros.
tigerfool Offline

Loc: kingston, RI USA
Hi, havenot visit here for over month. Got a question to ask somebody who knows.

I have a used PowerBook harddrive, I am wondering if Tyros might take it. Too hesitate to try it out. Can somebody share your experience?

#172429 - 03/27/05 05:06 PM Re: anybody if a powerbook harddrive will work with Tyros.
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Hi Tigerfool ! Welcome back. We've really missed seeing you here. Your Powerbook hard drive should work on the Tyros if it meets the following Yamaha Tyros HD spec requirements:

2.5 IDE
Height 12.7 mm max
40 GB max

On another note, I wanted to mention that I continue to feel tempted to post those infamous pics of Tyros2 that you originally provided us the website link to, but have (so far) resisted the temptation.

I remember you telling me that Yamaha had somehow contacted you by phone to remove the Tyros pic link. I'm just curious how Yamaha was able to FIND OUT your phone number?

Scott

#172430 - 03/27/05 08:00 PM Re: anybody if a powerbook harddrive will work with Tyros.
tigerfool Offline

Loc: kingston, RI USA
Thank you, Scott. I heard that the Powerbook disk got some Apple Rom in it. So that is why I asked. As the drive is pretty cheap compared to my the Tyros, I guess maybe I wont try it on.

As the phone number, I really have no idea. Maybe they found my email and google-d me? Anyway, nobody is contacting me now and I didnot bother to ask the guy in Yamaha why.

Well, for the pictures, I guess if you donot post, we will see a Tyros II soon. maybe only couple months away.

Tiger,

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online