SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#172403 - 09/05/04 03:45 PM Re: Waiting to hear from Charlie (Ratley)
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Just got off the telephone with Eddie Btweengigs, it's a bit windy where he's staying and most of the restaurants are boarded up, but still open for business. The hurricane's eye passed directly over Stuart, FL which is where he lives. His condo is on the first floor, very well built and fairly high above sea level. Hopefully, everything is OK there. He says all the gas stations are still closed, there is essentially no gasoline available in Florida because of the mass evacuation, and he hopes to be able to head home in a few days. Naturally, he's also worried about the threat of the latest storms coming across the Atlantic and headed along the same trajectory.

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#172404 - 09/05/04 05:36 PM Re: Waiting to hear from Charlie (Ratley)
GlennT Offline

Loc: Medina, OH, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
Believe it or not there another Huirricane right behind Frances coming toward Florida Hurricane IVAN [Catagory 3]

Now it's a 4!

#172405 - 09/06/04 04:27 PM Re: Waiting to hear from Charlie (Ratley)
rattley Offline

Loc: Punta Gorda Florida USA
Strike Three?? You have to have a sense of humor to see the projected track for Ivan if you live in Florida...............Is anyone else getting a little tired of this?? I've been enjoying my PSR3000 during the last two storms, but I've noticed a lack of enthusiasm in my playing the past 3 weeks. I guess the stress is taking its toll on my enjoyment of ANYTHING! I think Frances affected everyone in Florida and is now wreaking havoc in other states. The whole state here looks like it needs a huge bandage.............It will take a long time to recover, but we will!! How about giving us all a chance though!!!!!!!! -charley

#172406 - 09/06/04 04:35 PM Re: Waiting to hear from Charlie (Ratley)
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Charley,

I have family in Merritt Island by Melbourne and they decided to ride-out Frances when they saw the traffic on I-95 and A1A. Also, all the hotels were booked up to Georgia. They weathered the storm fairly well, but they are going stir crazy sitting in the house listening to the howling wind and pelting rain.

I think I may have company next week here in New York if Ivan decides to hit that area again.

Best of Luck
Regards,
Al

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#172407 - 09/06/04 08:41 PM Re: Waiting to hear from Charlie (Ratley)
Dnj Offline

A Steeple in Coco Beach goes thru a roof!

#172408 - 09/07/04 06:38 AM Re: Waiting to hear from Charlie (Ratley)
The Pro Offline

Loc: Atlanta, Georgia
We've hosted a lot of Florida evacuees here in Hilton Head, SC over Labor Day holiday, which helped offset the number of tourists who cancelled their vacations because of the approaching storm(s), so business has been moderately good. We're in a fairly protected area here but we've still been getting some rain and gusts up to 30mph resulting in minor flooding and some light tree damage - nothing like points south. One problem for Florida evacuees is where to stay when you have dogs/cats with you because many hotels won't allow pets - some people are living out of their cars because of that.

I guess many evacuees will be heading home now but they still have to deal with rain and wind on the way home because Francis is still churning over Georgia, the flood waters in several places in Florida has yet to receed, and yes there's another hurricane that could strike Florida again this coming weekend. What a mess! It's almost enough to make you want to move north... almost...

#172409 - 09/07/04 10:39 AM Re: Waiting to hear from Charlie (Ratley)
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Eddie (Btweengigs) is headed back to Jupiter, and hopefully, all will be well at his condo. Hopefully, we'll all see Eddie and lots of other folks in Bosier City, LA in January.

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#172410 - 09/07/04 01:28 PM Re: Waiting to hear from Charlie (Ratley)
PraiseTheLord Offline

Loc: N Fort Myers, FL, USA
Ivan is on the same track as Charley. I'm keeping my shutters on (N Ft Myers)!

------------------
Graham

#172411 - 09/07/04 06:27 PM Re: Waiting to hear from Charlie (Ratley)
btweengigs Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
I just want to thank those of you who sent emails and wished us luck. We got back tonight and found the condo to be in great shape. Not all here were so lucky. I talked to a couple of guys who stayed to ride it out. They said, "Never again".

To be sure, it was a major disaster here for many individuals, but not the massive destruction that the folks in Punta Gorda and Port Charlotte area experienced.

Special thanks to Gary for being my sounding board and for keeping track of us.

Eddie

#172412 - 09/08/04 07:38 AM Re: Waiting to hear from Charlie (Ratley)
GlennT Offline

Loc: Medina, OH, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by btweengigs:
We got back tonight and found the condo to be in great shape

Eddie... glad to hear all's well... now get back to work!

Glenn

[This message has been edited by GlennT (edited 09-08-2004).]

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online