SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#172352 - 03/28/06 12:04 PM Re: Pa1x is looking better all the ime
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
boo ... I have not used it to that extent, and I am not sure what the capabilities might be when used with the 'composer' feature ... but to my limited knowledge, you would be correct ...
t.

[This message has been edited by tony mads usa (edited 03-28-2006).]

#172353 - 03/28/06 12:33 PM Re: Pa1x is looking better all the ime
frankieve Offline

Loc: Milford, CT, USA
Even though the PA1xpro has 2 sequencers you can change stuff on the fly but you can't save them unless you open the file in the sequencer, when you are playing live you would open the song up in song play which doesn't allow you to save what you do to it

#172354 - 03/28/06 03:20 PM Re: Pa1x is looking better all the ime
Spalding1 Offline

Loc: birmingham,england
if the sequenceer is an issue then the option has to be the PAX. The Tyros sequencer is in reality just a record and play function. Very very limited editing onboard the machine. The PAX is quite detailed but i have never tried editing whilst actually palying which if i understand you correctly is what you said the i30 could do.

I have the PAX 61 built in speakers and its awesome B00 !

#172355 - 03/28/06 04:05 PM Re: Pa1x is looking better all the ime
brickboo Offline

Loc: Fruita, Colorado, USA
Spalding,Frank,

In Backing Sequence mode you record the song with any fills or other variations etc that you want and save it as a Backing Sequence file.Then you actually use the Backing Sequence mode to play back the song even when playing live and you are able to use all of the functions on the fly as Frank said.

So there's no need to resave anything unless you want to and then as Frank said you open up the recording phase while in the Backing Sequence mode and edit, re-record or whatever at home not on the gig.Ha! Ha!

The song Play mode of the i30 plays just MIDI files. You can convert Backing Sequence files to MIDI.

#172356 - 03/28/06 04:13 PM Re: Pa1x is looking better all the ime
miden Offline

Loc: The World
hi boo, on the PA you can play sequences, and you can have two ready to go at once, BUT sadly you cannot play a style at the same time..
dennis

#172357 - 03/29/06 12:29 PM Re: Pa1x is looking better all the ime
korg4god Offline

Loc: Dodge City, Kansas 67801
SOrry I haven't been on in a while...too busy right now....in fact leaving for a 3 day gig in Denton in the morning...

Speaking from a professional stand point, I rely on my keyboards to earn my living and I have not found a better keyboard out there in arrangers than my Pa1X Pro... I hae had it over a year now and am still descovering things on it when I get extra time.

I do the one man band thing for our church and ministry full time and it has been awesome!!!!

Go for the Pro and you won't be disappointed.

Jeff

Dodge City Schools -USD 443
Forte Music School

http://forte.musicteachershelper.com

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online