SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#172268 - 05/27/07 06:00 PM Re: Ketron Audya
miden Offline

Loc: The World
its going to be interesting to see what korg does with the pa1x for winter namm this year....they HAVE to be working on something, maybe it will be similar to the audya????so they both (korg and Ketron) might be available at the same time...wont THAT be a dilemma
dennis

#172269 - 05/27/07 10:18 PM Re: Ketron Audya
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
I get it. AJ is not really a full fledged employee of Ketron. Apparently he is just a "distributor"?? No wonder he is not able to give me a straight answer (or any answer at all) as to whether or not the Audya has a USB 2.0 interface or not. He can read specs just like anybody else and since he is a distributor of Ketron products he gets info ahead of time much like George Kaye does regarding Yamaha product info. On the Ketron site as of just a week or two everybody now has access to the Audya specfications and if you notice the spec sheet only says that the Audya has "USB". It doesn't say USB 1.1 or USB 2.0, only that it has USB. AJ just knows what we now know i.e. that the Audya has "USB". Since he is not an official employee of Ketron he apparently is not privy to inside information that might not be listed on the info he received (and now that you and I have access to) i.e. the specifications on Ketron's own public web site concerning the Audya. George seems to have more sway with Yamaha and is able to get more detailed info on Yamaha's products whereas A.J. seems to be limited to just the info that is released to the public even though he may have gotten that info before you and I because he is a distributor.

So I guess I was asking the wrong person when I asked A.J. if the Audya has USB 2.0 or is it just USB 1.1. He only knows what everybody else now knows i.e. that the Audya has a "USB" interface as Ketron worded on their web site spec sheet of the Audya. Why couldn't Ketron be more specific and say USB 1.1 or USB 2.0? What is the purpose of saying just "USB"? Possibly just to frustrate your potential customers?

PS: It might take someone who speaks and writes Italian who could email Ketron and in their native tongue i.e. Italian , cozy up to them and ask if the Audya has USB 2.0 or 1.1. If someone speaks their native language they might be willing to divulge inside information to that person who could then report back to us the answer. >> If there is any true Ketron employee(s) perusing this site and can read and speak English I beg of you to reveal yourself and answer this very simple question I have been asking one of your distributors on a repeated basis over the course of several months now but have not received a response (and now I realize why I haven't ). The question is: does the Audya have a USB 2.0 or USB 1.1 interface? Which is it?

Hello... Ketron? Anybody out there?

Best,
Mike

#172270 - 05/28/07 02:57 AM Re: Ketron Audya
Gunnar Jonny Offline

Loc: Norway
Quote:
Originally posted by keybplayer:

PS: It might take someone who speaks and writes Italian who could email Ketron and in their native tongue i.e. Italian .....

Nahhh, my native tongue are quite different from both English and Italian,
but Ketron had no problem to understand my bad english and even reply in
English. So just go ahead and write

Anyway, my guess is that it is USB 1.1, or else it would have been stated
out clearly in the technical spesifications. (Downloadable .pdf. at Ketron's
website)
Well, that's of course if Ketron don't concider USB2 as a general standard
now, and don't find it worth mention... LOL

Happy Playing
GJ
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#172271 - 05/28/07 03:23 AM Re: Ketron Audya
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
The brochure says USB for hard disks, CD/DVD drives etc, and as Audya makes extensive use of WAV files (Assuming new ones can be loaded in) I think I would be more surprised if it wasnt USB 2.

#172272 - 05/28/07 04:26 AM Re: Ketron Audya
Dnj Offline

Why dont we stop assuming things about people & products & just wait until the unit is released.....this way there is no questions. Hoping & Wishing & Rumors does not change the facts Audya will surly be a step forward in keyboard technology, I myself an very interested in the final product......butif I have to wait while they improve prototypes & straighten out any bugs, so be it......the better it will ultimately be in the end when its on the market.

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 05-28-2007).]

#172273 - 05/28/07 05:17 AM Re: Ketron Audya
Gunnar Jonny Offline

Loc: Norway
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
... I myself an very interested in the final product.......

Guess there are a few more people who are.
Wonder if they manage to put on WLAN, that would be interesting.

GJ
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#172274 - 05/28/07 07:03 AM Re: Ketron Audya
keysvocalssax Offline

Loc: Miami FL nov-may/Lakeville CT ...
just looking at the pics is making me horny!
hot damn, it looks like a real live players' keyboard!
anyone know the weight? I could be convinced to
bend my wight parameters if this baby is the real deal..

and pretty please...
no more attacks from the weightniks re this question-
i think the thread I posted re the 9.5 lb X50 effectively
debunked the erroneous theory that more weight
means more stability..stability is in the stand, and its
relationship to the size and weight of the kb..the best that
can be said is that one is willing to take on more weight for features they value..and others don't find the features
worth the extra weight and/or price. so far with me it has
never been affordability, just for my needs G70 isn't worth the weight/price tradeoff re the E60, nor the Pa1xpro over the pa800, nor the T2 over the new s900 ..but that's not an opinion, it's just what suits my preference.

there should be no opinions re tradeoffs,
these should be in the realm of personal choices.

------------------
Miami Mo

#172275 - 05/28/07 07:38 AM Re: Ketron Audya
keybplayer Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
Why dont we stop assuming things about people & products & just wait until the unit is released.....this way there is no questions.

I think one reason to question something Donny is that the truth might be revealed. If no one asked or inquired about whether Ketron's Audya (or any other product for that matter) has a particular feature, especially a feature that is of a questionable nature since Ketron didn't specify what USB interface is on the Audya only saying on the spec sheet that it has "USB"; that maybe Ketron would see our posts or someone who might be connected with them to inform them that people are wondering if the Audya will use current technology i.e. USB 2.0 or old technology i.e. USB 1.1 on their new TOTL Arranger. And since the Audya is still in developmental stages and by our bringing attention to the USB issue, that maybe, just maybe, if Ketron was going with USB 1.1 that they could theoretically change their mind and instead implement USB 2.0.

At the end of the Audya spec sheet there is a disclaimer that says: "Specificatons and appearance subject to change without notice". If indeed Ketron was going to go with USB 1.1 on the Audya and they noticed that people wanted it to have USB 2.0, that they might reconsider and use USB 2.0 instead. That would be my hope anyway. And if the Audya already has USB 2.0 that Ketron would change the spec sheet to reflect that fact instead of it just saying, as does now, that it only has "USB". BTW, Korg leaves no doubt in anyone's mind that the Pa800 has USB 2.0. I am just asking Ketron to clarify what "USB" means. Is that such a crime?

If no one asked a question on a questionable matter it is more than likely the Company in question would have no reason to clarify the item in question and therefore the consumer may forever be left in the dark. What is that saying?.. ah yes, "You shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free". And just to know whether the Audya has USB 2.0 or even just old antiquated USB 1.1 would finally put this matter to rest and in the process would enlighten everybody, and consequently it might make their purchasing decision a little easier. Like mine for one.

Best,
Mike

[This message has been edited by keybplayer (edited 05-28-2007).]

#172276 - 05/28/07 07:44 AM Re: Ketron Audya
keybplayer Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by keysvocalssax:
just looking at the pics is making me horny!

What.. we now have an oversexed female on our forum who is getting sexually excited over a keyboard? What's the world coming to.

[This message has been edited by keybplayer (edited 05-28-2007).]

#172277 - 05/28/07 07:55 AM Re: Ketron Audya
Taike Offline

Loc: Xingyi, Guizhou (China)
Mo, from what I found on a German forum, 18.5kg which is 40.78lb.

Taike

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online