SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#17224 - 02/25/99 12:07 AM any knowledge of dss-1
willk Offline

Loc: san diego. CA, USA
i recently purchased a dss-1. I dont know much about it but it seems to have potential. The fact of its vca, vcf, user friendly face. I need to know more!!!

#17225 - 03/11/99 04:52 AM Re: any knowledge of dss-1
miraz Offline

Loc: Hollywood CA USA
This machine is awsome! Only a few people know of its potential. The delay effects can go a long way. It can do more than echos. it can make things sound like stereo *71-96. I can add Bass and Treble *70 and you can monitor while sampling. My "Stereo" E3 cannot do that! It loops real well and I can do things in a fly. If you want to make several samples you can either do :

(A) separate your sampling time by using #1 memory division in Sample Mode this is great but I find it limiting.

(B) Sample, save and then load each back into the system. *using Multi-sound Mode #0 It will ask what keys you want it on.
Once all samples are loaded save it as a System: key#2 in System Mode

*if it says "NO SOUNDS" after hitting "Get Sounds" this means it is saved as Multisound. (dont panic, you did not lose anything) go to System Mode and Press "9: get multisound sound and it should find it. but you will not be able to load anymore samples without erasing the previous.

the only problem it sometimes saves a sample as a multisound and Iyou will not be able to create a system. that is if you use (A) But the memory division method is really good for drums and hits. not for 5 to 8 second samples

I love these machines so much that I have two of these keyboards. Im planning to get the rackmount which has multiple outs.

Good luck and experiment!

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online