SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#172251 - 06/27/07 02:07 AM Re: G70 Screen Adjustment?
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Quote:
Originally posted by weissefar:
The Roland-arranger.com user club cooperates directly with Roland. We can communicate directly with ROland via our backchannels, which makes the roland-arranger.com user club very unique!

It is fact possible to calibrate the screen. The procedure is described here .

Good luck

Thanks for the link Weissefar I recalibrated the screen, but it DID NOT correct the problem. Not what I was expecting from the G70. It's built like a tank, in all honesty I would expect that from a brand that's not constructed as well. Since it was shipped to me with a fully functioning screen it's now time to contact the shipper as it was insured. I'll also be contacting a Roland service center.

[This message has been edited by Stephenm52 (edited 06-27-2007).]

#172252 - 06/27/07 08:47 AM Re: G70 Screen Adjustment?
Diki Online   content

Loc: NW Florida
This is a 'one-off' problem, Stephen. We have never come across this in over two years of posts at the Danish G70 Club and roland-arranger.com, so I think it is hard to use this ONE occurrence to slam build quality of the G70...

Was it shipped in it's correct packing case, and was that damaged when you received it? Are there any signs on the G70 itself of impact damage or rough handling?

If they drop just about ANY keyboard, bad things can happen...

#172253 - 06/27/07 10:17 AM Re: G70 Screen Adjustment?
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
This is a 'one-off' problem, Stephen. We have never come across this in over two years of posts at the Danish G70 Club and roland-arranger.com, so I think it is hard to use this ONE occurrence to slam build quality of the G70...

Was it shipped in it's correct packing case, and was that damaged when you received it? Are there any signs on the G70 itself of impact damage or rough handling?

If they drop just about ANY keyboard, bad things can happen...

Diki it was shipped in a Gator case with padding, then the UPS depot actually packed it up in a box for shipping. I agree if it was thrown around that could certainly cause damage to the screen. The box it was shipped in had no punctures in it and was completely sealed. I have filed a UPS damage claim someone's going to make an on site visit to inspect the package it was shipped in and the keyboard. I have also so talked to the local authorized repair center to make plans to drop it for repair after UPS makes its' inspection.

#172254 - 06/27/07 11:06 AM Re: G70 Screen Adjustment?
Dnj Offline

Steve hopefully its an easy fix...keep us abreast of your progress....you have one of the best built arrangers all around on the market!

#172255 - 06/27/07 12:16 PM Re: G70 Screen Adjustment?
Diki Online   content

Loc: NW Florida
Yes, I hope this turns out to be an easy fix (or at least UPS take care of whatever repair bill it takes).

Please keep us posted about how this progresses. I for one would be VERY interested to know what RolandUS charge for a screen replacement (if this is what it takes) or how expensive the work is... I play outside in the Florida sunshine a LOT, and despite taking major precautions to avoid direct sunlight on the screen, often worry about what the bill will be if I have to replace it...!

#172256 - 06/27/07 12:40 PM Re: G70 Screen Adjustment?
mikeathome1 Offline

Loc: Syracuse NY
I'm interested in what UPS is going to have to say.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online