SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#172226 - 10/31/07 06:56 PM What's next, Stephenm52, ....
Taike Offline

Loc: Xingyi, Guizhou (China)
now that you've sold your Roland G70? Care to elaborate? Unless it's a secret.

Taike

#172227 - 10/31/07 07:07 PM Re: What's next, Stephenm52, ....
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Taike:
now that you've sold your Roland G70? Care to elaborate? Unless it's a secret.

Taike

Taike it's a secret even to me I'm not sure what I'm going to do. For the moment I'll use my Tyros2. I'm in no rush to move to another brand, but will at least will try to demo a PA800. Stay tuned.

#172228 - 10/31/07 08:15 PM Re: What's next, Stephenm52, ....
Dnj Offline

Steve what happened I thought you were enjoying the G70, 76 keys, super features, etc....being a piano player I would assume it would be a perfect fit for you.

#172229 - 11/01/07 01:52 AM Re: What's next, Stephenm52, ....
Stephenm52 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
Steve what happened I thought you were enjoying the G70, 76 keys, super features, etc....being a piano player I would assume it would be a perfect fit for you.

Donny, no doubt it I've been enjoying the 76 keys and many of the features. I really got to like the touch screen and live sound of the G70. When I added up the pros and cons of both boards they came in at a dead even tie. I've been struggling to decide which one to keep or to sell. No matter which I sold I would have a certain amount of regret. I like both boards. After hauling the G70 around to a number of gigs the weight factor became a factor in my decision to sell. The G70 out of the Gator case at 45 plus pounds wasn't too bad to handle, but inside the Gator case it was tough to handle.

Although I wasn't under any pressure to have to sell one of the boards ( other than the pressure I put on myself) I just don't need 2 arrangers as a part time musician. Stay tuned. BTW I meeting up with the local buyer Saturday morning.

#172230 - 11/01/07 06:29 AM Re: What's next, Stephenm52, ....
Dnj Offline

I was under the impression that 76 keys very important to you?
Maybe you should wait a few months ....then sell both and get the New KORG Pa2x

#172231 - 11/01/07 07:30 AM Re: What's next, Stephenm52, ....
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Stephen, I sure know the weight issue with the G70/Gator wheeled case...When you add the cables, mic, and pedals.....it weighs over 80 pounds...I for one , am thankful for the wheels..

After all is said and done....and the keyboard is up and running...I can smile, without any compromises..maybe if I had 3 gigs a day, I would smile less...

#172232 - 11/01/07 08:22 AM Re: What's next, Stephenm52, ....
Stephenm52 Offline

Donny:

76 keys are still the preferred, but that wasn't the only factor. I'm looking down the road at what the future holds with new keyboards. If I sold the Tyros2 I'd lose money today. I'm breaking even on the G70 and that leaves me with some extra dollars to maybe considering a PAx2 ?? ( too early to say ) I've got a busy season coming up in December and wont' make any moves before then. In mid January I have a medical problem that will require hospitalization and 4 to 6 week recovery time. So that will put me into March. By that time..........I'll take another look.

Fran I gotta say I'm gonna miss the G70. For the time being the Tyros2 is going to work for my needs. I would certainly look at whatever is going to replace the G70. Half the fun is in the hunt........

#172233 - 11/01/07 11:54 AM Re: What's next, Stephenm52, ....
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Steve, I'm still counting on you for help with the "learning curve" when I get around to taking on the G-70. It's just slightly heavier than my MS-60's, so, hopefully, weight won't be an issue. Actually, I'm, planning to use the Midjay and controller for one-nighters, and use the G-70, SH-201 and GW-7 for house jobs.

The Midjay, controller and foot pedals weigh about 20 lbs.

Best of luck with your "hunt" for what works for you.

Russ

#172234 - 11/01/07 03:04 PM Re: What's next, Stephenm52, ....
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
You could get back the G70's piano, and many other of it's best sounds (plus many others) by adding a Sonic Cell to your T2... Maybe the best of both worlds (if you can stand the loss of the 76;()...

#172235 - 11/01/07 04:34 PM Re: What's next, Stephenm52, ....
Stephenm52 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by captain Russ:
Steve, I'm still counting on you for help with the "learning curve" when I get around to taking on the G-70.
Best of luck with your "hunt" for what works for you.

Russ

Russ, I'd be happy to help you in any way, but in the big picture I'm sure there are a few others here who know a lot more about the G70 than I do.

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki You could get back the G70's piano, and many other of it's best sounds (plus many others) by adding a Sonic Cell to your T2... Maybe the best of both worlds (if you can stand the loss of the 76;()...

Diki I don't see that option working as you say if I can stand the loss of 76 keys. I probably can't.

#172236 - 11/02/07 05:15 AM Re: What's next, Stephenm52, ....
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
Stephen - I go away for a few days and what happens? Did you really sell - WOW!

Then I guess I can announce that MY G70 is also going up FOR SALE - for sure this time. I will list it on eBay on Tues 11/6. Any SZer who is interested can get a head start and a better deal if they contact me now.

Hurray for you

#172237 - 11/02/07 06:00 AM Re: What's next, Stephenm52, ....
Stephenm52 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by cassp:
Stephen - I go away for a few days and what happens? Did you really sell - WOW!

Then I guess I can announce that MY G70 is also going up FOR SALE - for sure this time. I will list it on eBay on Tues 11/6. Any SZer who is interested can get a head start and a better deal if they contact me now.

Hurray for you

Yea, I did it!!

We heard you were on vacation and did meet up briefly with Tony Rome. Cool Always great to meet up with fellow SZ members. I had hoped to meet up with Donny a couple of weeks ago during vacation, but I had some medical issues that got in the the way.

As you know I was considering selling I found a buyer a local buyer on Craig's list. I'm meeting up with him on Saturday morning to make the transaction. Gotta say I will miss the G70.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online