SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#172221 - 10/18/07 01:15 PM ZOON H2 anyone using this yet?
Dnj Offline

#172222 - 10/18/07 01:21 PM Re: ZOON H2 anyone using this yet?
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Not yet, though I work a lot with a Zoom H4 and love it...

Main differences...? H4 will play back four tracks and do bouncedowns (but only record two at a time), H2 is two track only. H2, more mics and recording modes, H4 more internal effects.

Both are killer, but if you have a hankering to overdub a part AFTER you make your initial recording (if you aren't already using a DAW or built-in audio multitrack recorder), the H4 seems the better bet...

#172223 - 10/18/07 01:32 PM Re: ZOON H2 anyone using this yet?
Dnj Offline

At Home I basicaly record with "ACID Pro" on my PC with great results....but this H2 & previously the H4 looks like a very kool portable digital multi trcak recording unit.
I guess direct inputs are no problem....but why the big MIC face?

#172224 - 10/18/07 01:48 PM Re: ZOON H2 anyone using this yet?
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Donny, I use the H4 and am very happy with it. It's has a bit more features than I really need. If the H2 were available when I purchased the H4 I would have opted for the H2 instead. I like the form factor of the H2 better. As for the H4 it has a feature that allows you using the built in mics to emulate a Shure SM57, Sennheiser MD421, Neumann U87 or a AKG C414. I don't have any experience with any of the above mics so I can't say the recordings via the mic really sound like they were recorded with the actual products. My favorite for recording via the mic is using the MD421.

The primary reason I bought it was to be able to record my voice coaching sessions and to listen to my practice sessions. It was well worth the $299 price tag.

[This message has been edited by Stephenm52 (edited 10-18-2007).]

#172225 - 10/18/07 02:03 PM Re: ZOON H2 anyone using this yet?
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
I have one (but then you already knew that). It's a great unit. Lives up to the hype (and specs). H2 or H4? depends on your needs. The H2 specifically suited my needs. I have recorded both rehearsals and parts of live gigs with it and results were as good as could be expected under those conditions (but truthfully, not a lot better than my Hi_Def Camcorder. Super sensitive so it's important to use the right mode to reject background noise.

My assessment: probably couldn't get anything even close to that quality (sound wise) for even twice the money. If you have any specific questions, ask away. I also have the Roland Sonic Cell (great sound but a little bit cumbersome - depends on how you intend to use it) and the Nord C1 combo organ (closest thing to a B3 at 33lbs but makes a lousy controller for an external module). I only mention this because one is new and the other is kind of rare on this board (in case someone had/has questions).

chas

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online