SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#17197 - 05/02/00 07:49 AM Korg M1 & Cakewalk
XPESRX Offline

Loc: Atlanta, ga
Does anyone know how to get Cakewalk to read from the M1's sound card? The Interal voices on M1 are called I00-I99 and the Card bank is seen as C00-C99....but Cakewalk (Pro Audio 9) sees the M1 as voices 00-99!...No letters at all...anyone know?

------------------
XPESRX
www.xpesrx.com

#17198 - 05/23/00 09:53 PM Re: Korg M1 & Cakewalk
mutt Offline

Loc: Susanville, Ca USA
Have you gone into tools/instrument and assigned the M1 from the instrument definitions? (If you don't see it, click import) If you do that and assign the M1 to the midi channels that you want it to be assigned to (all of them if it's your only synth for Cakewalk), then -in track view- click on the source box, if the M1 doesn't show in the source box, click on instruments and assign it, then yo can select which bank from the bank box, the patch from that bank , and the midi channel you want that patch assigned to.

#17199 - 05/24/00 06:43 AM Re: Korg M1 & Cakewalk
XPESRX Offline

Loc: Atlanta, ga
Yes, I tried that. The Korg M1 definition in Cakewalk is limited to the internal sounds and doesn't have an option for switching to the Card bank. And the M1 manual doesn't tell me of a command controller change number to swap banks...I guess the M1 came out before all this was needed and therefore the manual doesn't tell me .

#17200 - 10/16/01 11:39 AM Re: Korg M1 & Cakewalk
chantelar Offline

Loc: Atlanta, GA USA
Same question a year later...anyone know yet?

#17201 - 04/24/05 01:33 PM Re: Korg M1 & Cakewalk
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by chantelar:
Same question a year later...anyone know yet?

4 years later and we still can't switch to bank B through Sonar.

#17202 - 04/29/05 07:04 PM Re: Korg M1 & Cakewalk
manic2257 Offline

Loc: australia
hello you guys...if i may ask a question...what is the bank change method for your synth? older units like the M1 sometimes used controller 100 to change banks for eg...now if your synth is set to use the "normal" bank change method, which in the instrument definitions it is almost always set to these days, you need to change that to allow sonar/home studio/proaudio to send the correct bank change, perhaps just changing it to controller 0 as the bank change method may work??!!.....the help pages explain quite well how to edit and create instrument definitions...i dunno if this will work for you but may be worth a try...if no joy let me know and i may be able to help you further...
P.S. the bank change method should be in the manual's midi implementation or specs sheets..
hope this helps

dennis

peace, out

[This message has been edited by manic2257 (edited 04-29-2005).]

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online