SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#17156 - 09/19/99 10:54 AM Program for conv T-synthsamples
west Offline

Loc: goes, netherlands
Hello,

Can anybody tell me if there is a program that can read the T-formatted disks from a computer floppy drive? The reasom why I ask this is that I have a lot of floppy discs with samples in the format for the Korg T-1 and I would like to transfer those samples (and also the sequencer data and program data) to my computer's harddisk. Dumping via MIDI is an option, but this will take weeks to complete, so I am wondering if there is a program around that can read all this data directly from FD. Thanks.
Best wishes, Jan

#17157 - 09/20/99 04:09 PM Re: Program for conv T-synthsamples
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi There.

If you can make a image file of a disk using winimage, I maybe able to convert it to PC format for you. I have a program called gigasampler. It will read a load of non PC format disks and convert them to it's own format. If I then take gigasampler's format and run it through AWAVE I could get it to AIFF or WAVE.

So if you can convert the disk to a image, then send it to me at.
James Tubbritt
tubbritt@indigo.ie

[This message has been edited by James Tubbritt (edited 09-20-1999).]

#17158 - 09/21/99 03:27 AM Re: Program for conv T-synthsamples
west Offline

Hello James,

Funny you should mention the Gigasampler, because just the other day I bought this software sampler. I have not had the time to work with it yet, but based on what I read in the manual I thought that Gigasampler is only able to read and convert S1000, S3000 and .WAV files. But as soon as I get a chance I will try to read the T-format into Gigasampler. Thanks for the suggestion. If this works there is one other problem left: is there a program that can read the program- and sequencer data in the T-synt format straight from disk, so that I can store it on harddisk and make a backup copy of these files on CD?
Best wishes, Jan

#17159 - 09/24/99 06:17 PM Re: Program for conv T-synthsamples
west Offline

Hello,

I have tried to use Winimage to create an image file, but I have not been able to do so. Winimage is not able to read the disk; it sees the disk as not formatted. Gigasampler does read the Akai format and .Wav files, but it is the same story as for Winimage: the format of the FD cannot be read. My only help is a program specifically dedicated to the task of reading and converting the T-synth format disks.

Best wishes, Jan

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online