Rikki, by external effects I mean the DX or VST effects you plugin next to the sound module you are using in forte. In forte as you know you add a module, e.g., say LiveSynth Pro and then next to it you can install an effect, e.g., Reverb - Sonitus FX. If you don't have the LiveSynth Pro's Reverb and Chorus boxes checked and you did not install a reverb in forte then you could improve your piano sound by using something like Sonitus Reverb. Equalizers could also help depending on your speakers and sound system.

Furthermore, you can improve your accompaniment when using sYnerGi GS by adding 10 to 15% of chorus to the mix. I believe the author of sYnerGi GS provides some advice on this subject.

The plus of using the builtin effects of soundfonts together with the LiveSynth Pro's Reverb & Chorus boxes checked is that I believe they will accept the midi values from within the midi or style files. The minus is these reverbs & chorus are only of moderate quality (something equal to what you would find in today's arranger keyboards). Nonetheless, it is an area you can experiment with to further enhance your sound.

I notice you have Tannoy speakers. So do I. I have the 15" Tannoy Studio Monitors. Tannoy makes very good speakers.

[This message has been edited by Frank L. Rosenthal (edited 08-29-2004).]