SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#171304 - 08/22/04 05:41 PM Help
TERRYC Offline

Loc: St, Petersburg. Florida. u.s.a
I am so glad the forum is up and running again.Even though I don't post very often I still read it every day.Now that we are functional again,I hope someone can help.I recently bought the Edirol Hyper canvas and installed it on my computer.I want to use it with Van Basco to play midi files.Can any body tell me how to assign the hyper canvas instruments/sounds to van basco.I can use it with power tracks pro,asa there is a dedicated command to assign it for playback,but I can't make it work with Van basco.Thanks in advance. Terry.

#171305 - 08/22/04 06:09 PM Re: Help
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Terry you will need a host program like Forte..Once everything is set up, all you have to do is click on a file and VanBasco will play using the Hyper Canvas...You will love the Hyper waves..
Frank R. and Rikki can also assist you..

#171306 - 08/22/04 06:16 PM Re: Help
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Fran,
just wondering if you also needed midi yoke to link vanbasco & forte, I did with my setup , but I was using live synth pro with soundfonts not hypercanvas as a soundsource.

Obviously you like your canvas is it the gm one?.

best wishes
Rikki

Quote:
Originally posted by Fran Carango:
Terry you will need a host program like Forte..Once everything is set up, all you have to do is click on a file and VanBasco will play using the Hyper Canvas...You will love the Hyper waves..
Frank R. and Rikki can also assist you..

[This message has been edited by rikkisbears (edited 08-22-2004).]

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#171307 - 08/22/04 06:44 PM Re: Help
Fran Carango Offline

Rikki I did indeed need MidiYoke..I still can not find a driver to work with my internal sound card [Conexant AMC Audio],but I have a Digigram VX Pocket that works great and it has Digigram ASIO driver..

#171308 - 08/22/04 08:56 PM Re: Help
TERRYC Offline

Thanks Fran,I will try to get forte.Is there any special procedure I need to apply when I install forte or does it authomatically set up for me. Thanks Terry,

#171309 - 08/23/04 02:09 PM Re: Help
rikkisbears Offline

Hi Fran,
ASIO4ALL was the only one I could get to work with my sigmatel soundcard in my laptop. I'd all but given up. Maybe it might work for you.
http://michael.tippach.bei.t-online.de/asio4all/

best wishes
Rikki

Quote:
Originally posted by Fran Carango:
Rikki I did indeed need MidiYoke..I still can not find a driver to work with my internal sound card [Conexant AMC Audio],but I have a Digigram VX Pocket that works great and it has Digigram ASIO driver..

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#171310 - 08/23/04 02:23 PM Re: Help
rikkisbears Offline

Hi Terry,
make sure you try the demo first. I had no problems with it when I tried it in my desktop so i purchased it. When I tried it in my laptop, I couldn't get it to work, until Frank pointed me in the direction of the ASIO4ALL driver. I can only assume that the drivers Forte requires ( wdm or asio ) were lacking in my laptop.
So try before you buy. http://www.brainspawn.com/products/forte/?op=download
best wishes
Rikki
Quote:
Originally posted by TERRYC:
Thanks Fran,I will try to get forte.Is there any special procedure I need to apply when I install forte or does it authomatically set up for me. Thanks Terry,

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#171311 - 08/23/04 04:11 PM Re: Help
Fran Carango Offline

Rikki, I tried ASIO4all, still no luck...I probably am better off using the VX Pocket it is a high quality sound card with it's own ASIO driver..So far it works great.
The only small problem is I need to run two out put cables, one from my PCMCIA sound card{VX Pocket} For Hyper Canvas, and another from my internal sound card [Conexant AMC Audio] for MP3 playback[WinAmp]...Actually it works out great because I can have a different mixer setting for each output, volume and EQ..

#171312 - 08/23/04 07:13 PM Re: Help
TERRYC Offline

Rikki and Fran,Thanks for your help.I managed to get the Hyper canvas working in my pc but no joy with the laptop.I am trying the forte demo before I purchase.I downloaded asio4all and installed it on my laptop but I am just getting distorted playback. It may be the compatability between my sound card and the asio.If there are any others you can recommend I would be grateful.for now I will just keep plugging away and hope for the best.Terry

#171313 - 08/23/04 07:57 PM Re: Help
oleg7 Offline

Loc: Los Angeles, CA
ASIO4all is just a patch to be able to get some kind of playback possible using the internal soundcard. If you want good sound without distortion you would have to invest into an external sound card (Firewire, USB or PCMCIA). There are no laptops with internal soundcards that can produce audio that sounds good. I recommend M-Audio firewire Audiophile(around $250). If there is no firewire connection on the laptop then use M-Audio Audiophile USB (around $200).
http://www.m-audio.com/index.php?do=products.list&ID=mobileinterfaces

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online