SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#170984 - 04/27/05 05:46 PM Re: What is the best 61 key arranger keyboard?
sLOWER Offline

Loc: Zagreb, Croatia
...long time ago I had PSR 510...key action wasn't so good...so shalow...

#170985 - 04/27/05 05:46 PM Re: What is the best 61 key arranger keyboard?
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
Ketron and Generalmusic keyboards do not sound the same. What you might have seen is that there is a distibutor in Germany who's company name is "Solton".
Solton used to be the brand name Ketron keyboards were known as. You would see on a Ketron keyboard a large name "SOLTON" with a smaller "by ketron" below it.
This is because Ketron made keyboards for this German distributor with the distributors name "Solton" on it.
A few years ago, this distributor decided it wanted to sell Generalmusic keyboards as well as Ketron keyboards and so Ketron stopped naming their keyboards Solton and only put the Ketron name on them.
Generalmusic took their Genesys keyboard and called it "Solton SG1" which confused a lot of people because they thought Ketron was making this keyboard and not Generalmusic. However, it was really a Generalmusic Genesys with the distributors name it wanted on it.
This is really confusing, I hope you understand.
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
(Retired 2021)

#170986 - 04/27/05 05:50 PM Re: What is the best 61 key arranger keyboard?
sLOWER Offline

Loc: Zagreb, Croatia
...yes,I understand...some time ago friend told me that about "same sounds" on GEM & Ketron...so,it's not true...Thanks

#170987 - 04/27/05 05:59 PM Re: What is the best 61 key arranger keyboard?
MrEd Offline

Hi George.

I too wondered what the history was on those companies. When I was thinking about getting back into midi-accordion, I was looking into the sound/rhythm modules from thoses companies. They were pretty nice.

By the way, George...
Thanks for all your help on the PSR3000, answering my email questions and getting it shipped out to me as quickly as you did. I appreciate it.

#170988 - 04/27/05 06:24 PM Re: What is the best 61 key arranger keyboard?
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
Ed and all of my valued customers here at the Synthzone, I appreciate all the business you have given me over these many years. I have made so many good friends both on the phone, in person and over the internet because of you all. Your support has allowed me to grow my arranger business and become known all over the world and that's amazing for a small music store in Southern California (and I don't even have a website!). It always amazes me when I receive a call or email from someone across the pacific or atlantic ocean calling me with questions or to place an order because they read my posts here on the Synthzone.
Thank you all!
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
(Retired 2021)

#170989 - 04/28/05 02:56 AM Re: What is the best 61 key arranger keyboard?
silva Offline

Loc: Lisbon, Portugal
Thanks George for your comments/report. Your opinion is very appreciated and respected in this forum.

Regarding to the 61 key arranger keyboard, the speakers doesn’t matter, you can mute it if you like. For me the best is Korg PA1X.

Franky

#170990 - 05/16/05 12:49 PM Re: What is the best 61 key arranger keyboard?
Danny D Offline

Loc: West Los Angeles, CA, USA
KorgPA1x is up there & the best of all.
(too bad, it has speaker!).

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online