SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#170955 - 08/07/06 04:56 AM Plug in footswitch, the style changed
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
This was weird, took me a bit to figure out what was happening. I was recording a song with a style I had lucked up on. Plus, something I've never done before, I had plugged in TWO footswitches. One to trigger vocal harmony, the other to trigger FILL UP, I think it was. Meaning each time I press the footswitch, it changes the MAIN fill from A to B to A, etc.

I knew that both MAIN fills sounded very different. There was either more or less stuff going on in the particular fill. I knew darn well I was familiar with how that style should sound. Finally, I thought about the only thing different I had done -- assign a footswitch to the MAIN fill.

I unplugged it and the style played as I expected it. Why would this happen?

Oh yeah... Yam psr2000.

------------------
Bill
Yamaha PSR2000

#170956 - 08/08/06 05:14 PM Re: Plug in footswitch, the style changed
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
Nobody has a clue? I play the style without the footswitch assigned to MAIN FILL and it plays the normal way; I plug in the footswitch and the style has more (or less) going on within the style.

------------------
Bill
Yamaha PSR2000

#170957 - 08/08/06 06:04 PM Re: Plug in footswitch, the style changed
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
I figgure you must have something assigned within a registration that re-assigned the footswitch function. Just a guess.

Good Luck,

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online