SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#170783 - 01/27/02 05:46 PM No PA superbowl....snif...snif
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Well, at least we put up more of a fight than those pitiful Steelers ! If the Eagles had only showed up for the third quarter, we might have won that game ! What a squeaker ... I'm still on the rush from adrenilyn. This was the game to see - and all the Vegas bookees lost their shirts !
(11 1/2 points HA ! )

I have to admit - the best two teams won .... as usual, but we sure came close !

#170784 - 01/27/02 06:11 PM Re: No PA superbowl....snif...snif
brickboo Offline

Loc: Fruita, Colorado, USA
Dave, at least they weren't embrassed as my Packers were. I am a Packers fan since 1963, a Redskin's fan since 1972 when they got Billy Kilmer from the Saints. That made me mad. And I've been a Saints fan since day one 1967. It's a long story how all of this came about.

But having 3 teams you like and nothing happens is really bad. One time in over 28 or so years have the Packers, Redskins and Saints all won on the same weekend. And it just happened this season. I may have missed one weekend. But it doesn't happen very often. Pick 3 teams and check it out.

You'll get better. Hang in there.
Boo

#170785 - 01/27/02 06:31 PM Re: No PA superbowl....snif...snif
B2 Offline

Loc: Westfield, Massachesetts, USA
Uncle Dave,

What a great game....I thought they had em in the last quarter....I don't know, something came over our bunch as we were watching the game..we sensed that someone was willing those eagles into the superbowl,
could it be a higher power...aw hell no I said, it's only uncle dave...uncle who?? came the puzzled looks...thought they might put the wammy on us in the closing minutes..I was suprised McNabb stayed in the pocket as much as he did..seemed he was more mobile last time I saw him...oh well, don't take it too hard..it's only a game...being a hard core New Englander, I'm under pressure from the yanks up here to root for the Patriots, but I never have...don't see why I should abandoned my team for the sake of a team that's an hour drive down the road...needless to say, I will be everyones target next week...yehaw...guess I'm the designated party crasher next week...here's to your eagles, great team...brian

#170786 - 01/27/02 06:40 PM Re: No PA superbowl....snif...snif
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Loc: Muskegon, MI
U.D.

I feel for you but I can't reach you. Cheer up, you've had a great season. It could be worse. You could be a Detroit Lions fan like me! At least Jay Leno wasn't making Eagles jokes. Watch out for Detroit next year.

Tom

#170787 - 01/27/02 07:02 PM Re: No PA superbowl....snif...snif
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
I am surprised that Pittsburg did not win !
I do think that the type of games played last week carried over to this week . The Steelers just blew all of their emotion last week vs the Ravens . The PAT's were on a high to win the way they won last week ! They also had an extra day of rest !
I just hope for a good game ! dano

#170788 - 01/27/02 08:09 PM Re: No PA superbowl....snif...snif
Uncle Dave Offline

Today was THE game of the year. The superbowl will be a letdown, for sure. I hope Maria Carey's voice holds up better than in the tribute to the Hero's concert.
E
A
G
L
E
S
EAGLES !!!!( great season, exciting future )

#170789 - 01/27/02 08:27 PM Re: No PA superbowl....snif...snif
George Pchakjian Offline

Loc: Irvine Ca, USA
Uncle Dave, I told you that any team looses to the Redskins will not be allowed in the Big One ( NFL Rules ).. Just kiding .. I was really pulling for the "Hi Flying Birds"..I am a hard core Redskin fan, living in LA, but lived in rockville MD, most of my youth..Have alot of friends in Philly...I'll have to admit those Eagles have alot of potential, but so do we.. Battle is on for next season ,and may the best team win..

George.

JerjyBeck

#170790 - 01/28/02 06:29 AM Re: No PA superbowl....snif...snif
Vic01 Offline

Loc: Madison, Wisconsin USA
Uncle Dave that was really a great game !! My wifes 83 year old uncle had the Eagles in a pool. He is definately not a happy camper !! I just love competitive games. I hate the phrase "wait until next year" but here in Chicago we are used to that. Should be a great Super Bowl. They should have you sing at half time wearing an Eagles jersey.

#170791 - 01/28/02 06:47 AM Re: No PA superbowl....snif...snif
Uncle Dave Offline

Vic,
One of my proudest performances was singing the "Nation Anthem" at a Phillies game in 1986. It was "Ford Motor Co" night (Dad was working there, then) and all his friends were there, and lots of mine - it was a blast. Most times the camera pans around the stadium during the singing, but except for a superimposed American flag - my face was on screen the whole time. Phillies vs. Mets April 15, 1986. Ahhhhhh.
I actually went into physical training a few weeks before the game so that I'd be at the top of my game. (voice) It was April, and cold, but there were still about 40,000 people there ( That's just a little over half full at the Vet )
I asked the organist not to play because of the tremendous delay from the speakers to the pitcher's mound. It was about 2 full seconds after I uttered a sylable that the sound reached the speakers - very confusing and hard to concentrate. I practiced for days with a digital reverb set on Canyon and a looooong delay.

#170792 - 01/28/02 07:22 AM Re: No PA superbowl....snif...snif
Vic01 Offline

Loc: Madison, Wisconsin USA
I remember you saying you had sung at a Phillies game. I couldn't even begin to imagine what a thrill that must have been. Thanks for sharing that experience again.

#170793 - 01/30/02 04:49 PM Re: No PA superbowl....snif...snif
Bluezplayer Offline

Loc: Catskill Mountains, NY
1986...Ahhh what a magical if not distant memory for us Mets fans who have had to watch the Yankees win win and win again for most of our existence. It was a Mets / NY Giants kinda year to be sure. We'll be looking forward to meeting the Eagles at the other end of the turnpike again next year.

AJ

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online