SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#170759 - 01/05/05 09:52 AM Up Periscope - - lurker surfaces...
ScubaDon Offline

Loc: San Diego, CA, U.S.A.
OK I've lurked here long enough. For 3 years or so, off and on. Like other lurkers who've surfaced, I feel I know the people here, and it's time to actively participate if I think I have something to say. Which is not much usually. Hey ... I do have a question though. I have been gone for a while and recently returned to the board and I'm not seeing posts from a member anymore who used to be very active here, his name is Terry. I think his username is trtjazz. What happened to him? A search doesn't clear up the mystery. Anyway, ... a big THANK YOU to all of you who regularly contribute valuable information about arranger keyboards. I've learned so much over the years from you all. This is such a great mix of people from all over the world. Thank you for letting me be part of it.

Don

#170760 - 01/05/05 09:55 AM Re: Up Periscope - - lurker surfaces...
btweengigs Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
Terry checks in every once in a while. He started his own site, which I am sure keeps him busy. http://www.clubchops.com/forums/

Eddie

#170761 - 01/05/05 11:07 AM Re: Up Periscope - - lurker surfaces...
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Welcome Don ... considering some of the threads the last few days, it's ironic that you chose now to surface and tell us what a great mix of people we are ...
t.

#170762 - 01/05/05 11:16 AM Re: Up Periscope - - lurker surfaces...
ChuckH Offline

Loc: Bozeman, MT, USA
Welcome. Shoot a torpedo though and watch out for the depth charges.

#170763 - 01/05/05 11:40 AM Re: Up Periscope - - lurker surfaces...
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Don, welcome aboard. Great to see another San Diego (my birthplace) member here. Though I'm dissappointed you waited 3 years before finally posting, I'm thrilled you decided to finally to come to the surface for air to join in the discussion.

Scott
San Francisco Bay Area, CA

#170764 - 01/06/05 09:29 PM Re: Up Periscope - - lurker surfaces...
brickboo Offline

Loc: Fruita, Colorado, USA
Where in the heck is Hank the lurker? He wasn't very quite at the Best Western DonM? As a matter of fact he was the next biggest mouth there after me.

Get some of the kickapoo juice from Gary give him a gallon and have him post, eh?

Don welcome. What do you do? Are you a keyboard player? Tell us something about yourself.

I'm the next biggest blow hard here after UD. But I can sing. Dave can't carry a tune in a bucket. Dang I got em again. He must be hoarse he ain't saying nothing back.

Hey Dave lets make another swap it's been a while. My salary for yours and after we do it, I give you another $10,000. How's that sound?

#170765 - 01/06/05 09:36 PM Re: Up Periscope - - lurker surfaces...
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Hmmmmmm tempting. Do I have to root for that Farve guy too?

I'm always ready to swap gear - you know that !

#170766 - 01/06/05 09:53 PM Re: Up Periscope - - lurker surfaces...
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Mucho Welcome Don! We always need new blood.
Hank The Lurker got a new computer, new wireless router, new DSL, and has had nothing but trouble with it. His entire phone system is now not working.
He told me tonight that he is going to send all the DSL stuff back and get a cable modem.
He can't even get on line to read the forum right now.
DonM

#170767 - 01/07/05 05:50 AM Re: Up Periscope - - lurker surfaces...
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Loc: Muskegon, MI
Welcome Don. I echo Boo's comments please tell us (if you want) about yourself. We're glad you finally joined in. Lots of times some of us who also have nothing to say, say it anyway so you will fit right in.

Tom

Tom

#170768 - 01/07/05 05:53 AM Re: Up Periscope - - lurker surfaces...
Uncle Dave Offline

Don,
Before Hank trashs the DSL - tell him to turn OFF the firewall(if he HAS one) .... My DSL won't play nice with it on.
Works just fine without it.

#170769 - 01/07/05 06:24 AM Re: Up Periscope - - lurker surfaces...
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Hi Don,

Welcome to the Asylum!

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#170770 - 01/07/05 07:50 AM Re: Up Periscope - - lurker surfaces...
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Uncle Dave:
Don,
Before Hank trashs the DSL - tell him to turn OFF the firewall(if he HAS one) .... My DSL won't play nice with it on.
Works just fine without it.

Good advice. I don't like the FW in XP. I use Zonealarm, and it does slow it down sometimes.
DonM

P.S. Just talked to HTL. The problem is definitely in his phone line, not the computer, router or modem. He is having to use his cell phone most of the time. He's expecting the cable guy today. Hope it isn't the one from the movie.

[This message has been edited by DonM (edited 01-07-2005).]

#170771 - 01/07/05 01:18 PM Re: Up Periscope - - lurker surfaces...
ScubaDon Offline

Loc: San Diego, CA, U.S.A.
Thanks guys!

I'm a computer programmer, 37 years "old", and live in San Diego, CA with my lovely wife and our cat. We're hoping to add a baby to the family this year. I've been playing the keys (home organs and keyboards) since age 6, don't read music though, just playing by ear. I've owned one organ and five keyboards over the years. My current board is a 9000 Pro which I'm very happy with to this day. The best board I've ever owned. I have yet to find anything that comes close among the current offerings (to *my* ears of course; obviously y'all have different likes and dislikes and your milage will vary). I'm a believer in the living God of the Bible and his plan for all of us. Both my wife and I are avid scuba divers (hence my user name) and we try to get wet and breathe compressed air under water as often as we can.

I look forward to sharing all kinds of keyboard related (and unrelated) information here with everyone.

Don

#170772 - 01/07/05 02:33 PM Re: Up Periscope - - lurker surfaces...
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Welcome Don,

We're practically neighbors btw. I live in North County. Hopefully others that are lurking in the shadows will finally "come to the surface" too.

Hank, we're talking about you! And others! We know you're out there!!

On a side note Don I have also Scuba Dived. Off of La Jolla cove but that was many moons ago and I haven't done it since unfortunately.

Again, welcome to the Forum Don and may your stay be a fruitful and fulfilling one and may you even surpass Uncle Dave in the number of posts you post. Which will be a daunting task in and of itself seeing Dave is the hands down winner for being the biggest blabber mouth here on the SZ.

>> Whoa!! Easy Dave! You know I love you Bro!

Best regards,
Mike

#170773 - 01/07/05 04:00 PM Re: Up Periscope - - lurker surfaces...
brickboo Offline

Loc: Fruita, Colorado, USA
Hey Dave you got me on the Packards - Packers spelling, now it's my turn. I think it's not Farve, but Favre, right?

#170774 - 01/08/05 12:12 AM Re: Up Periscope - - lurker surfaces...
Uncle Dave Offline

Farve, Favre .... either way it's weird!
(Must be French, huh?) The vowels don't seem to fit in right with the consenants!

#170775 - 01/08/05 07:34 PM Re: Up Periscope - - lurker surfaces...
Uncle Dave Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by keybplayer:
Dave is the biggest blabber mouth here on the SZ.

Blabbermouth??? Blabbermouth?????
Hey - I only average 111 per month!
Hmmmm.....Been here 53 months, posted 5880 times.........maybe you're right!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online