SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#170712 - 05/18/05 02:19 PM I apologize for my Hissy Fit.......................
Dnj Offline

a few weeks back regarding deleting of posts & all that happened afterwards on the forum. I needed time to reflect and step back & think it thru. I never intended to offend anyone, I just wasn't thinking at the moment. I'll be here in the background and will chime in when needed if you'll have me. Life is too short to waste on trivial things.

"Play Music Everyday"

Donny nj

#170713 - 05/18/05 02:38 PM Re: I apologize for my Hissy Fit.......................
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Hi Donny, I personally have always valued our personal friendship as well as your knowledge & pro experience. Welcome back. - Scott

#170714 - 05/18/05 02:38 PM Re: I apologize for my Hissy Fit.......................
freddynl Offline

Loc: netherlands
Hey Donny welcome back....
Glad you missed us.
Life is too short to stay mad...

#170715 - 05/18/05 02:49 PM Re: I apologize for my Hissy Fit.......................
msutliff Offline

Loc: Cottage Grove, MN, USA
Apology accepted and welcome back!

Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
I never intended to offend anyone, I just wasn't thinking at the moment.

Forgettaboutit!

Quote:
Life is too short to waste on trivial things.

Ain't that the truth!

Now when you gonna get your butt over to the "Bar" and start givin' us those American Idol updates like you use to?

(I miss those)(even though the season is almost over)

-mike

#170716 - 05/18/05 02:56 PM Re: I apologize for my Hissy Fit.......................
Tony Rome Offline

Loc: Cozumel Mexico
Dony.....I just chalked it up to the stres of losing all of that weight in the last 10 months....man, That had to be hard on the body and the mind...just "Straighten Up And Fly Right"....C/ya at the Bar.....
Tony Rome

#170717 - 05/18/05 03:54 PM Re: I apologize for my Hissy Fit.......................
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
Awrite! Rock on. You da man. One of 'em, anyway.

I'm about due for a hissy fit any day now.

#170718 - 05/18/05 04:14 PM Re: I apologize for my Hissy Fit.......................
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
Welcome back Donny!

#170719 - 05/18/05 04:28 PM Re: I apologize for my Hissy Fit.......................
mdorantes Offline

Loc: Queretaro, Mexico
Welcome back Dnj, we need to vent from time to time, thatīs what make us human...
I am glad to see you back.

------------------
mdorantes

#170720 - 05/18/05 07:08 PM Re: I apologize for my Hissy Fit.......................
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
We never thought you left - for good. You are always welcome, as are all members.

#170721 - 05/18/05 08:37 PM Re: I apologize for my Hissy Fit.......................
Dnj Offline

Thanx boyz it feels good to be back..you guys are the best!!!

#170722 - 05/18/05 08:42 PM Re: I apologize for my Hissy Fit.......................
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
It really is great to see you back Donny. I am really glad you decided to drop back in and let us know what you are up to. We are always pleased to have you back with us.

#170723 - 05/18/05 09:28 PM Re: I apologize for my Hissy Fit.......................
chony Offline

Loc: New York
Quote:
a few weeks back regarding deleting of posts & all that happened afterwards on the forum. I needed time to reflect and step back & think it thru. I never intended to offend anyone, I just wasn't thinking at the moment. I'll be here in the background and will chime in when needed if you'll have me. Life is too short to waste on trivial things.

Donny nj

Wow, that takes courage!

#170724 - 05/18/05 09:35 PM Re: I apologize for my Hissy Fit.......................
GlennT Offline

Loc: Medina, OH, USA
Quote:
will chime in when needed

Start chiming!

(Or is it chimeing?... Naaaaa, neither one of them look right, but you know what I mean )

Glenn

#170725 - 05/18/05 09:40 PM Re: I apologize for my Hissy Fit.......................
GlennT Offline

Loc: Medina, OH, USA
Donny... BTW, drop in at The Bar, drinks are on you!

#170726 - 05/18/05 09:41 PM Re: I apologize for my Hissy Fit.......................
btweengigs Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
Donny...
I was afraid that diet you've been on caused you to disappear into thin air.
Nice to see you back.
Eddie

#170727 - 05/19/05 01:04 AM Re: I apologize for my Hissy Fit.......................
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Glad to see you back, "paisā"!

#170728 - 05/19/05 01:41 AM Re: I apologize for my Hissy Fit.......................
Ondo Offline

Loc: Spokane Wa USA
Hey. Everyone Makes mistakes.

i am a firm believer in 2nd chances

welcome back man

#170729 - 05/19/05 02:52 AM Re: I apologize for my Hissy Fit.......................
Sheriff Offline

Loc: Frankfurt, Hessen, Germany
We didn't have talked to another very often but nevertheless welcome back. It's a great opportunity to have you in here like all the others in SynthZone.

It's time for me to play a song for you all...

------------------
Greetings from Frankfurt (Germany),
Sheriff ;-)

#170730 - 05/19/05 04:31 AM Re: I apologize for my Hissy Fit.......................
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Donny, you didn't do anything wrong in my book and you needn't apologize to me. Who am I to judge anyone?

But, I'm very glad your feeling more comfortable and whatever was troubling you, I'm glad it's all behind you.

Welcome back to the madness!!

Regards,
Al

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#170731 - 05/19/05 05:33 AM Re: I apologize for my Hissy Fit.......................
Dnj Offline

Thanks to all I appreciate the welcome, Mucho....lets talk Arranager KB's Shall we?

#170732 - 05/19/05 07:14 AM Re: I apologize for my Hissy Fit.......................
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Donny's a CLASS ACT!

Russ

#170733 - 05/19/05 07:47 AM Re: I apologize for my Hissy Fit.......................
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
My arranger is better than yours!
DonM

#170734 - 05/19/05 08:08 AM Re: I apologize for my Hissy Fit.......................
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Mine is bigger than yours!!

#170735 - 05/19/05 08:30 AM Re: I apologize for my Hissy Fit.......................
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Donny ... even with all that weight loss, you're a BIG MAN where it counts ...
Coincidently, I was listening to your cd in the car this morning on my way to work ...
t.

#170736 - 05/19/05 08:31 AM Re: I apologize for my Hissy Fit.......................
tony mads usa Offline

MY kb is the BEST !!!!! ...
t.

#170737 - 05/19/05 10:04 AM Re: I apologize for my Hissy Fit.......................
Route 66 Offline

Loc: Braganca, Portugal
Donny, I knew you would be back. And I'm glad you're with us again. -- José.

#170738 - 05/19/05 10:11 AM Re: I apologize for my Hissy Fit.......................
Starkeeper Offline

Loc: Toronto
welcome back. My keyboard is cheaper then yours.
Starkeeper

#170739 - 05/19/05 10:32 AM Re: I apologize for my Hissy Fit.......................
Dnj Offline

Tony.....
Im glad you enjoyed my CD...I hope to record another as soon as my schedule calms down possibly at years end....everyone else I appreciate the welcome..

As for "Mine is Better Then Yours"?
the KB dont matter as much as the TALENT to play it WITHIN YOURSELF which is pricless! That will show thru no matter what gear you use........
An arranger Kb has many facets when playing it and the musician has to THINK & PLAY LIKE A BAND to get the best out of it....without that knowledge, without that mindset, without knowing what each instrument involved in an arrangement and playing that instrument as it should be played will never make your music shine that way it should.....think about the parts you play in a song.....realize what that instrument can do, how would a live musician play it and its capabilities, range, technic?,..how does it fit into a song?, structure is very important, strict TEMPO is super important especially for dancing, what YOU personally like to hear should not be a factor in what you play for the public...you have to generalize to many many different tastes..play whats popular to THEIR ears and you'll never go wrong out there.
this a people business people..
practice, observe, listen, experiment, discuss, and most of all ya gotta
LOVE IT TO DEATH to make it all come together on stage under any and all obsticles that occur along the way!!

Play Music Everyday!!
www.donnypesce.com

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 05-19-2005).]

#170740 - 05/19/05 10:50 AM Re: I apologize for my Hissy Fit.......................
tony mads usa Offline

Quote:
Tony.....
Im glad you enjoyed my CD...I hope to record another as soon as my schedule calms down possibly at years end....everyone else I appreciate the welcome..

As for "Mine is Better Then Yours"?
the KB dont matter as much as the TALENT to play it WITHIN YOURSELF which is pricless! That will show thru no matter what gear you use........
An arranger Kb has many facets when playing it and the musician has to THINK & PLAY LIKE A BAND to get the best out of it....without that knowledge, without that mindset, without knowing what each instrument involved in an arrangement and playing that instrument as it should be played will never make your music shine that way it should.....think about the parts you play in a song.....realize what that instrument can do, how would a live musician play it and its capabilities, range, technic?,..how does it fit into a song?, structure is very important, strict TEMPO is super important especially for dancing, what YOU personally like to hear should not be a factor in what you play for the public...you have to generalize to many many different tastes..play whats popular to THEIR ears and you'll never go wrong out there.
this a people business people..
practice, observe, listen, experiment, discuss, and most of all ya gotta
LOVE IT TO DEATH to make it all come together on stage under any and all obsticles that occur along the way!!

Play Music Everyday!!
www.donnypesce.com

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 05-19-2005).]

Donny iS BACK !!!
... by the way ... who said I ENJOYED the cd??? JUST KIDDING ...

Seriously, did you do it in a studio or on a PC?
t.

#170741 - 05/19/05 11:11 AM Re: I apologize for my Hissy Fit.......................
Dnj Offline

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Tony Mads:
[b]Seriously, did you do it in a studio or on a PC?

Tony I recorded that in my little home studio using my PC w/ Acid pro 3, multi trac,custom midi files and live playing
w/ ...Psr 2k, Psr 3k, G1000, Sennheisure 855 mic.....

#170742 - 05/19/05 11:42 AM Re: I apologize for my Hissy Fit.......................
tony mads usa Offline

Donny . I'm using Acid Pro 5 and I like it (even though I haven't scratched the surface of its possibilities), I am going through a mixer, recording instrumentation first and then adding vocal track. On 'up tempo' tunes I notice the vocals slightly trailing the instruments ... any idea what causes that and how to correct it?
Also, during playback on some cd players (in my car for instance) I get a buzzing or 'clipping' sound ... what can I do to prevent that? ...
thnx,
t.
PS BTW I am using a Senn 845 mic, using some midi tracks with live playing, and playing live with the onboard styles ...
t.

[This message has been edited by tony mads usa (edited 05-19-2005).]

#170743 - 05/19/05 12:56 PM Re: I apologize for my Hissy Fit.......................
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Tony,

I suspect that you have stuff running in your computer's background, which could cause a slight delay. The workaround for this is to click START, RUN, then type MSCONFIG. Take a look at the start-up files and uncheck them all, then restart your computer. Don't worry, the computer will start, then you'll get a message saying that you are using a selective startup and do you with to do this. Click OK, then try recording and you will most likely not encounter a delay. Keep in mind, however, that your virus protection and many other background programs will not be activated. After recording the song, go back and recheck the startup files that you unchecked earlier, then restart your computer. Hopefully, this will solve your problems.

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#170744 - 05/19/05 01:06 PM Re: I apologize for my Hissy Fit.......................
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Loc: Muskegon, MI
Donny,

I commented to Don the other day that you have been very quiet lately. I missed the whole incident I guess. I must have been on vacation. No need to apologize to me. I'm just glad the "link master" is back on board.

Tom

Tom

#170745 - 05/19/05 02:51 PM Re: I apologize for my Hissy Fit.......................
nardoni2002 Offline

Loc: malaga, spain
hi donny,nice to see you back putting up posts,mike

#170746 - 05/19/05 08:11 PM Re: I apologize for my Hissy Fit.......................
renig Offline

Loc: Canada
Good to see ya back on the board, Donny. It was kinda like waiting for an overdue plane - you know, just getting a little antsy.

#170747 - 05/19/05 10:23 PM Re: I apologize for my Hissy Fit.......................
The Accordionist Offline

Hey, the guy was an accordionist for a number of years.

He's gotta be a cool guy!

Tommy

#170748 - 05/20/05 01:51 AM Re: I apologize for my Hissy Fit.......................
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
It's great to have you back Donny. Nothing has really changed since you were here last except that deleting posts has been turned off to prevent original authors deleting entire threads. The only way I could stop this was to turn off all deleting of postings. You can still fully edit your own postings but you just can't delete them entirely. Whenever I see a posting that has all the text removed I will delete it myself as long as it is not the first posting in a thread.

We had some discussion about this and it was decided that no-one should have control of other people's postings.

[This message has been edited by Nigel (edited 05-20-2005).]

#170749 - 05/20/05 03:24 AM Re: I apologize for my Hissy Fit.......................
Sheriff Offline

Loc: Frankfurt, Hessen, Germany
Quote:
An arranger Kb has many facets when playing it and the musician has to THINK & PLAY LIKE A BAND to get the best out of it...

Yes, Donny! You're absolutely right in that point!!!

But nevertheless...my synth is the most intelligent one, my guitar is the most wonderful one, my flute is the longest one, my...

Quote:
Originally posted by travlin'easy:
...Hopefully, this will solve your problems...

If not so then try to get an old Atari Falcon which will do the same work for you with much less complications...

[This message has been edited by Sheriff (edited 05-20-2005).]

#170750 - 05/20/05 09:23 AM Re: I apologize for my Hissy Fit.......................
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Quote:
Originally posted by Nigel:
The only way I could stop this was to turn off all deleting of postings. You can still fully edit your own postings but you just can't delete them entirely. Whenever I see a posting that has all the text removed I will delete it myself as long as it is not the first posting in a thread.

We had some discussion about this and it was decided that no-one should have control of other people's postings.

I get it now. NO posts can be deleted. I originally thought just the thread couldn't be deleted but that posters within the thread could delete their posts if they so desired.

Btw, this is the same procedure that Music Player.com's Keyboard Forum is run. No posts can be completely deleted, neither can the entire thread by the original topic poster.

It makes sense really. So as to insure no members time typing replies is lost by the push of a button... either accidental or on purpose.

Btw, welcome back Donny! We NEED your input! Your knowledge about Arrangers and their related topics is always welcome on the SZ.

Best regards,
Mike

#170751 - 05/20/05 10:15 AM Re: I apologize for my Hissy Fit.......................
Dnj Offline

Nigel, Mike, and all.....it's good to be back talking about what I love, Arranger KB's....
It's an art form that always needs to be discussed and enjoyed......

l8tr

goto run to a gig

Dnj

#170752 - 05/20/05 12:31 PM Re: I apologize for my Hissy Fit.......................
ChicoBrasil Offline

Loc: Belo Horizonte,Minas Gerais,Br...
Welcome back Donny.

I like your posts, replyes and music as well.

Chico

#170753 - 05/20/05 01:23 PM Re: I apologize for my Hissy Fit.......................
Dnj Offline

Chico .....thankyou so much....Im glad your feeling better and playing beautiful music again...I have always enjoyed your posts as well as reading about your students and music school happenings & concerts its very nice....I wish more younger people would take a serious interest in learning to play an instrument worldwide.........us "Old Timers" need peole to pass the baton too so live music will always flourish and never end!!!!!

Ciao

#170754 - 05/20/05 01:42 PM Re: I apologize for my Hissy Fit.......................
ChicoBrasil Offline

Loc: Belo Horizonte,Minas Gerais,Br...
Quote:
Chico .....thankyou so much....Im glad your feeling better and playing beautiful music again...I have always enjoyed your posts as well as reading about your students and music school happenings & concerts its very nice....I wish more younger people would take a serious interest in learning to play an instrument worldwide.........us "Old Timers" need peole to pass the baton too so live music will always flourish and never end!!!!!

Ciao

DITTO .

Chico

#170755 - 05/21/05 10:49 AM Re: I apologize for my Hissy Fit.......................
Tony W Offline

Loc: Lancaster UK
DONNY!!!!!!
So so so glad you are back! I am sorry to be so late replying to this thread but have been sick. (Lost my voice due to a chest infection....get voice back and now full of flu!!!) Today is the first day I have felt like surfing and finding this post has made my day!

I don't post as much myself these days but I do read everything here and SynthZone without Pesce was like strawberries without cream!

Welcome back..... YOU DA MAN!!
Best to you
Tony

#170756 - 05/21/05 10:58 AM Re: I apologize for my Hissy Fit.......................
Dnj Offline

Tony, my Goood Old UK Gumba!!!
Great to hear from you as always ...glad your feeling well again..
That Steak & Ale dinner is always at the ready for you when we ever meet, my treat!!
Hope to hear some of your newest songs soon too !!

#170757 - 05/22/05 09:21 AM Re: I apologize for my Hissy Fit.......................
brickboo Offline

Loc: Fruita, Colorado, USA
Donny my keyboard is older than your's DonM's and Gary's put together.

Please send me a list of everything you eat for a month. You must have a lot of will power! Good for you friend!

#170758 - 05/22/05 04:03 PM Re: I apologize for my Hissy Fit.......................
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by brickboo:
Donny my keyboard is older than your's DonM's and Gary's put together.

Please send me a list of everything you eat for a month. You must have a lot of will power! Good for you friend!

http://southbeachdietguide.com/forums/index.php

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online