SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#170742 - 05/19/05 11:42 AM Re: I apologize for my Hissy Fit.......................
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Donny . I'm using Acid Pro 5 and I like it (even though I haven't scratched the surface of its possibilities), I am going through a mixer, recording instrumentation first and then adding vocal track. On 'up tempo' tunes I notice the vocals slightly trailing the instruments ... any idea what causes that and how to correct it?
Also, during playback on some cd players (in my car for instance) I get a buzzing or 'clipping' sound ... what can I do to prevent that? ...
thnx,
t.
PS BTW I am using a Senn 845 mic, using some midi tracks with live playing, and playing live with the onboard styles ...
t.

[This message has been edited by tony mads usa (edited 05-19-2005).]

#170743 - 05/19/05 12:56 PM Re: I apologize for my Hissy Fit.......................
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Tony,

I suspect that you have stuff running in your computer's background, which could cause a slight delay. The workaround for this is to click START, RUN, then type MSCONFIG. Take a look at the start-up files and uncheck them all, then restart your computer. Don't worry, the computer will start, then you'll get a message saying that you are using a selective startup and do you with to do this. Click OK, then try recording and you will most likely not encounter a delay. Keep in mind, however, that your virus protection and many other background programs will not be activated. After recording the song, go back and recheck the startup files that you unchecked earlier, then restart your computer. Hopefully, this will solve your problems.

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#170744 - 05/19/05 01:06 PM Re: I apologize for my Hissy Fit.......................
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Loc: Muskegon, MI
Donny,

I commented to Don the other day that you have been very quiet lately. I missed the whole incident I guess. I must have been on vacation. No need to apologize to me. I'm just glad the "link master" is back on board.

Tom

Tom

#170745 - 05/19/05 02:51 PM Re: I apologize for my Hissy Fit.......................
nardoni2002 Offline

Loc: malaga, spain
hi donny,nice to see you back putting up posts,mike

#170746 - 05/19/05 08:11 PM Re: I apologize for my Hissy Fit.......................
renig Offline

Loc: Canada
Good to see ya back on the board, Donny. It was kinda like waiting for an overdue plane - you know, just getting a little antsy.

#170747 - 05/19/05 10:23 PM Re: I apologize for my Hissy Fit.......................
The Accordionist Offline

Hey, the guy was an accordionist for a number of years.

He's gotta be a cool guy!

Tommy

#170748 - 05/20/05 01:51 AM Re: I apologize for my Hissy Fit.......................
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
It's great to have you back Donny. Nothing has really changed since you were here last except that deleting posts has been turned off to prevent original authors deleting entire threads. The only way I could stop this was to turn off all deleting of postings. You can still fully edit your own postings but you just can't delete them entirely. Whenever I see a posting that has all the text removed I will delete it myself as long as it is not the first posting in a thread.

We had some discussion about this and it was decided that no-one should have control of other people's postings.

[This message has been edited by Nigel (edited 05-20-2005).]

#170749 - 05/20/05 03:24 AM Re: I apologize for my Hissy Fit.......................
Sheriff Offline

Loc: Frankfurt, Hessen, Germany
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
An arranger Kb has many facets when playing it and the musician has to THINK & PLAY LIKE A BAND to get the best out of it...

Yes, Donny! You're absolutely right in that point!!!

But nevertheless...my synth is the most intelligent one, my guitar is the most wonderful one, my flute is the longest one, my...

Quote:
Originally posted by travlin'easy:
...Hopefully, this will solve your problems...

If not so then try to get an old Atari Falcon which will do the same work for you with much less complications...

[This message has been edited by Sheriff (edited 05-20-2005).]

#170750 - 05/20/05 09:23 AM Re: I apologize for my Hissy Fit.......................
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Quote:
Originally posted by Nigel:
The only way I could stop this was to turn off all deleting of postings. You can still fully edit your own postings but you just can't delete them entirely. Whenever I see a posting that has all the text removed I will delete it myself as long as it is not the first posting in a thread.

We had some discussion about this and it was decided that no-one should have control of other people's postings.

I get it now. NO posts can be deleted. I originally thought just the thread couldn't be deleted but that posters within the thread could delete their posts if they so desired.

Btw, this is the same procedure that Music Player.com's Keyboard Forum is run. No posts can be completely deleted, neither can the entire thread by the original topic poster.

It makes sense really. So as to insure no members time typing replies is lost by the push of a button... either accidental or on purpose.

Btw, welcome back Donny! We NEED your input! Your knowledge about Arrangers and their related topics is always welcome on the SZ.

Best regards,
Mike

#170751 - 05/20/05 10:15 AM Re: I apologize for my Hissy Fit.......................
Dnj Offline

Nigel, Mike, and all.....it's good to be back talking about what I love, Arranger KB's....
It's an art form that always needs to be discussed and enjoyed......

l8tr

goto run to a gig

Dnj

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online